in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-02-2011 4:37 PM by Beobuddy. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2011 6:23 PM

Option setup for BV3 & BC2 in one room

Heloo,

I have in one room Beovision 3 28'' without surround and Beocenter 2 with conected speaker. Those two units are connected by masterlink cable on both side and for video on BC2 side S-Video and line out connected on TV SCART. I have choosen Option 0 on both units and commands like AV TV, AV CD doesn't work. My intentuion is solely to have possibility of listening TV sound on BC2 conected speakers. Is it wrong that I have double audio connection (MAsterlink as well line out?) or is simply wrong Option setup. I might connect Beolab's also on powerlink socket of BV3 if this would help remedy my problem. BC2 is from first generation incorporating also DVD.

Thanks for clear answer how to connected and make setup.

• 02-01-2011 5:09 AM In reply to

Re: Option setup for BV3 & BC2 in one room

BV3: Option 2  (speakers connected to BC)

BC2: Option 0

Edit: If you want to listen using AV commands  then:

BV3: opt 1

BC: option 1

or

BV3: opt 0

BC: opt 2 (speakers connected to BC)

• 02-01-2011 5:42 AM In reply to

Thanks,

In my previous e-mail I did make mistake actually I have set following:ΕΎ

BV3 V.Option 1

BC2 A.Option 1

and AV commands don't work. Is it possible that master link is defected how I can investigate that?

I tryed also Video option 2 on BV3 but the led don't blink for confirmation?

For first setting you mean speakers connected to TV?

• 02-01-2011 6:16 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

The Masterlink module was an optional extra in some markets for the BeoVision3 28". Perhaps you have connected the Masterlink cable to a socket that has nothing inside. That would explain why the LED doesn't blink when you try to option programme it.

Regards

Opman

• 02-01-2011 1:26 PM In reply to

I'm quite sure that Masterlink is implemented in my BV3. The thing is when I try to set Video option 2 doesn't blink for other setting it is blinking and also if I set option 0 then I can not use mine BEO4 which means that BV3 Masterlink is working.

Anyway let me repeat my self. I just wan't to have option to put the sound of BV3 through BL speakers connected on BC2 when I pleased to have it like watching movie, sport events.. otherwise TV will be watched only by integrated TV speakers. How should I connect BV3&BC2, (I assume by Masterlink), what option should I choose and how to control it by BEO4.

I would be very pleased if someone can address my needs, THKS in advance for your effort!.

Simple thing are most complicated!.

• 02-02-2011 8:12 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

If you have connected the speakers to the Audio master and the BeoVision3 has no external speakers connected then both should be in option1. With this set up, the TV will only respond to Video commands and the Audio master will respond to audio commands.

If you want to listen to TV sound through the speakers via the BeoCentre2 then use the "AV" command. ie AV-TV will send the sound through the audio system.

Similarly, AV-CD or AV-RADIO will allow you to listen to that source through the TV internal speakers.

Having said all of that, I would personally connect the speakers to the TV. With that set up the TV would be in option2 and the audio in option0. You have the best of both worlds, no loss of sound quality from the audio system but enhanced, 3 channel stereo as the TV intrenal speakers become the centre channel.

Opman

• 02-02-2011 4:37 PM In reply to

I would suggest to make it a lot easier for yourself by starting to connect the setup properly.

- Connect your BC2 to the BV3 by using a scartcable. A S-Video cable doesn't contain data, which is send through the scart when you use DVD. Don't forget to connect the digital audio lead between the BC2 and BV3 (is used for Dolby D and DTS when watching DVD's)

try to connect the BC2 to the AV socket of the BV3 (name it "DVD") and the digital lead between the BC2 and the digital input 1.

- Connect your speakers to the BV3. Set them properly in your setup menu from the BV3 (Front speaker etc)

- Set the BV3 to option 2 (V-Opt 2)

- Set the BC2 to option 0. (A-Opt 0)

When wathing TV, DVD etc, you will have speaker 3 were the BV3 will act as a mono speaker.

When listening CD, Radio etc, the audio will be send through the ML to the BV3 and only the left/right speaker will start.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)