in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-20-2011 10:38 AM by Ferdinand. 34 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-24-2011 11:42 AM In reply to

Re: Hoe werkt Apple TV?

Hi Elephant,

Thanks -again- I actually was already thinking it was something with the Ma Mini since both DVD and STB do not have a seperate soundcable either. I will check the settings and adjust. As for the iPad keyboard App, all is working excellent but I understand better know that a real KB/mouse can usefull to have (at least on the side).

Besides all minor set-up issues above I have also found something a bit more disturbing. My TV can't handle one colour background images, specificly white is difficult. I have seen this from the start directly (backgrounds being a it foggy) and more or less accepted it. But now with the Mac start-up (w/white background) it is clear that the screen(image) is not. Best described as foggy or wih shades (stagelighting on backgound in theater). Also it looks like looking at a screen backlight by tube-lights (which in essence is LCD-screen, correct?).

Is this 'famous' clouding issue? I hope not and also I believed this was about having a miniscul spot somewhere in the screen only to be seen in the dark? Are these the settings? I don't expect you or anyone to fix this via the forum but I would like some advise if this is something my dealer should now about. My picture set-up for my BV10 is 'standard' (I believe) meaning a bit darkish which i like and somewhat 'cold'. Not too overbright or some 'showroom' mode often seen.

BS9000, Beolab 3000, Beocenter 7002, RL60.2, beo4, BV10

• 07-24-2011 12:23 PM In reply to

Ferdinand:
    Besides all minor set-up issues above I have also found something a bit more disturbing. My TV can't handle one colour background images, specificly white is difficult. I have seen this from the start directly (backgrounds being a it foggy) and more or less accepted it. But now with the Mac start-up (w/white background) it is clear that the screen(image) is not. Best described as foggy or wih shades (stagelighting on backgound in theater). Also it looks like looking at a screen backlight by tube-lights (which in essence is LCD-screen, correct?).

I don't think I have seen anything like that on my screen ... why not take a photograph and publish it here for comment from other BV10 owners

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 07-24-2011 2:55 PM In reply to

Here you go .. screen seems / is darker in the center and on the edges.

Edit: on the 1st picture, on top of screen the 'white' seems to fade from dark / bright / dark / bright .. seen from left to right

The normal apple backround looks on the other hand razorscharp but this is most likely because there are so many colours / stars in that theme.

I have the same when watching TV but it is less disturbing as it is quite rare to have a big surface in one colour in the image, this would mostly be with talkshow background, or with commercials where the logo appears after the actual advertisement.

Ferdinand

Filed under: , ,
  • 07-24-2011 5:57 PM In reply to

Oh that does not look good :-(

Is the pink hue on the title bar in the second picture because you have the title bar set to semi-transparent and you have the starfield as your desktop picture ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 07-24-2011 6:04 PM In reply to

Did not change anything on the Mac Mini settings concerning the title bar. The starfield (standard I believe) could very well be the desktop picture.

I am myself actuallly more worried about the 1st picture .. let me know if and how to photograph this a bit better?

• 07-24-2011 6:08 PM In reply to

Ferdinand:
    I am myself actuallly more worried about the 1st picture .. let me know if and how to photograph this a bit better?

I agree that does not look good; I can try later to capture my BV8 for comparison.

But I suggest you start a new General Forum thread with that first picture and see if others have seen that symptom and what their advice is.

• 07-25-2011 2:26 AM In reply to

Ferdinand:

Edit: on the 1st picture, on top of screen the 'white' seems to fade from dark / bright / dark / bright .. seen from left to right

Not good. My guess is there is dust on the layers in your panel. Why don't you generate some solid background colors with your Mini and send those pic's to your dealer.

• 07-29-2011 4:06 PM In reply to

Elephant, Double-U and others,

Started a new topic on the potential image quality issue and will follow up there.

Todat the Macmini has been mounted back on the BV10 (with tie-wrap, awaiting more fixed solution in the future). Via IR-cable (and thus Beo4) the Macmini can be activated (out of sleeping mode) and I have access to so called 'front row' to select which files to use (music,film, foto). All working perfect and no need to go list-go-go-go-go-pc-ok any longer.

Control of Macmini via iPad keyboard(app) is working so-so ... not always as accurate and precise ... patience is KING with this tool.

That's basically it for now.

• 08-08-2011 6:37 AM In reply to

Ik heb een mac mini met mini display port. Ik heb van Dr Bott een kabel gekocht, belachelijk duur maar het werkt wel. In alle Macstores te koop. Het geluid en het beed gaan nu via HDMI over 10 meter digitaal naar de BV7

zoiets:

http://www.allekabels.nl/DisplayPort-Kabel/4473/1145571/Mini-DisplayPort-naar-HDMI-met-Audio-Adapter.html

Wanna play?!! (Also a PRIZEWINNER ON BEOWORLD!) 

• 11-20-2011 10:38 AM In reply to

Hello All,

I am using the macmini as a source to watch tv-series and documentaries via broadcasting websites e.g. SVTplay (Sweden) or uitzendinggemist (NL). All is working great but that are two things that I want to have changed:

1) Lately a buzzing background sound coming from audio via MacMini, sound can be described as an untuned radio. Some interference-sound? But from what? How can I test what it is and how to stop this?

2) MacMini is 'activated' out of it's sleeping mode via VMEM on my Beo4 ... I often need to press the exit button to get to 'frontrow' and from there to the MacMini again. When done watching just pressing the off (red) button on the Beo4 shuts down the BV10 but not the MacMini. I need to press exit first. Is this how it should be or is there an easy /easier way?

As always your help and advice is appreciated

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2