in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-01-2011 5:21 PM by Matthew. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2011 5:04 PM

Beo5 Config tool instruction manual??

I have just recently discovered the Beo5 configuration software and keen to have a go at doing the configuration myself. 

I am just wondering if there is some sort of instruction manual on how to use the software or is it all pretty intuitive?

My dealer has set up the remote for me a while ago, but I have subsequently added some new devices and new digital channels have become available here in Sydney. As the dealer did the configuration for me for free (once only), I don't want to completely stuff things up and have to go back to have it reconfigurated for a fee!

Also, I am just wondering if you can create your own channel logos as in the downloads section for Beo5 I don't see any files for channels in Australia. I also remember coming across a site years ago which has logos for most TV channels around the world that can be used for Beo5. 

Thanks for your help. 

• 01-29-2011 2:15 AM In reply to

Re: Beo5 Config tool instruction manual??

The software has a help file in it which will walk you through the features. You can certainly make your own logos - I did a number for mine for radio channels not covered - the help file takes you through this - essentially save the files as .jpg files - I think they need to be about 90 pixels square, but it was a while ago!

However the reason that the Beo5 is not well liked is usually down to poor programming! If your dealer is good at it, I would probably get him to do it!

• 02-01-2011 5:21 PM In reply to

• Matthew
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beo5 Config tool instruction manual??

Hi Oasis,

As Doctor has mentioned: you can certainly create your own logos for the new digital channels that are now broadcasting here in Aus. In fact, I'm just about to create a new one myself for channel 11. I usually get on the station's website and download the logo from there, resize, and add it to my config file on the Beo5.

It's all a pretty straight forward process and the tool is quite easy to use. I have managed to do all my Beo5 programming myself, including some third party equipment. If you need any tips or help, feel free to PM me - I'd be happy to try to assist.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)