in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-07-2011 4:22 AM by elephant. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2011 10:25 AM

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

My Beosound 2 has died

As captioned, my BS2 has suffered a computer chip failure which will cost around 190 pounds sterling to repair.  I have decided not to repair it as it only cost me that amount to buy it [and that price included the A-8!].  Did I make the right decision?  If so, what do I do with all the accessories, i.e., table top charger, travel charger and A-8 [one used pair and two new in box courtesy of Beoworld]?  Should I do as Peter and use it as a paperweight?

• 01-27-2011 11:09 AM In reply to

Re: My Beosound 2 has died

It is remarkable how often I see BS2's available w/o all the accessories! I would look for another "solo" BS2 and paperweight/spare the old one.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 01-27-2011 11:11 AM In reply to

Actually I gave mine away - I actually lent the BS2 to someone , but never got it back so gave the accessories to people who needed them.  I now use a Beolink 1000 as a paperweight (though a very useful one!)

• 01-29-2011 4:29 AM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

burantek:

It is remarkable how often I see BS2's available w/o all the accessories! I would look for another "solo" BS2 and paperweight/spare the old one.

Yeah, guess I will do that.  Otherwise, I will have to sell the accessories on here or on e-Bay.  Thanks.

• 01-29-2011 4:31 AM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Doctor:

Actually I gave mine away - I actually lent the BS2 to someone , but never got it back so gave the accessories to people who needed them.  I now use a Beolink 1000 as a paperweight (though a very useful one!)

Big Smile Smile Laughing

• 01-29-2011 11:12 PM In reply to

Wings:

As captioned, my BS2 has suffered a computer chip failure which will cost around 190 pounds sterling to repair.  I have decided not to repair it as it only cost me that amount to buy it [and that price included the A-8!].  Did I make the right decision?  If so, what do I do with all the accessories, i.e., table top charger, travel charger and A-8 [one used pair and two new in box courtesy of Beoworld]?  Should I do as Peter and use it as a paperweight?

sorry to hear that Wings

mine also failed in 2009 and I asked people's opinion ... iPod versus repair ... everyone said iPod but in the end I repaired the BS2

I still love it ... but I now tend to use an iPod Nano simply because it holds some 500 tracks and I can more easily select what I want

But I think the BS2's sound is superior

If mine failed again I would use it was a paper weight rather than repair it

Your A8s (like mine) should work with any player

As I said somewhere else last week, both my BS2 chargers are suffering from too many road trips

So I would be happy to buy one or both of the chargers from you if you like ... or suggest you put them on eBay to get the best price

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 02-02-2011 7:26 AM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Thanks, Ed.  You have an e-mail.

• 02-09-2011 4:49 AM In reply to

Wings:

sorry old friend, I have been seriously AFK on account of work and other priorities ... apologies for being unresponsive

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 02-12-2011 4:02 AM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

elephant:

Wings:

sorry old friend, I have been seriously AFK on account of work and other priorities ... apologies for being unresponsive

No worries, mate.  All the Beosound 2 gear is still with B&O service.  They have been closed three or four days for Chinese New Year and appear to be equally behind schedule.  Will let you know when I get everything back -- supposedly both the desktop charger and the travel charger have been checked and found to be working properly.

• 02-12-2011 2:44 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hi Wings,

How much would you sell the BS2 as it is now?!

Would be very interested.

Please PM or email.

Best regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 03-07-2011 3:31 AM In reply to

• Wings
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 341
    • Founder

Dear Ed:

Sent an e-mail to your address and to Ellie Phant's address.  Hope my records are still current.

Dear Spiros:

Still searching for an appropriate box for shipping.

Thanks all.

• 03-07-2011 4:22 AM In reply to

Wings:

Dear Ed:

Sent an e-mail to your address and to Ellie Phant's address.  Hope my records are still current.

Ellie Phant says "yes I did !!!"

And yes, I saw mine too :-)

Replying in the affirmative soon

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)