in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-14-2011 6:05 PM by danezro. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2011 8:48 AM

Beocom 5 'beep' when microphone off

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to switch off the intermittent 'beep' sound when the microphone is set to off during a call?  It is extra ordinarily annoying when on a conference call.

Thanks

Dan

Filed under:
  • 01-27-2011 11:41 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Beocom 5 'beep' when microphone off

With their older speaker phone (forget the model), the salesman told me this beep was a "feature" - to remind you that you are muted, and that the Danes think listening with mute on is rude - something like you're talking behind someone's back.  Yeah, I'd tell a story like that, too, but it did not sway me.  I spend a lot of time listening to conference calls where mute is manditory so nobody hears my dog bark or kids yell (although most CC systems now have a key sequence to mute the line without muting the phone - maybe this is solution).  Hence, I returned it... Then, the BeoCom3 came out, which didn't beep (the salesman was nice enough to remember that I wanted a speaker phone that didn't beep on mute and called me when it came out) so I bought and have enjoyed for many years.  Unfortunately, the BeoCom3 was discontinued a while back. 

Maybe they thought people didn't buy the BeoCom3 because it didn't beep on mute like their older phones so they added this "feature" back to the product Smile

I was contemplating replacing my BeoCom3 with a BeoCom5, but I guess not...

Stan

• 01-27-2011 6:20 PM In reply to

Thanks for the reply, so it sounds like the answer is no - my wife bought me the phone and I know it really annoys her that I always use my beocom 6000 with a headset.

Is there anyone out there who knows if I can do anything about the beep?

• 02-14-2011 1:05 AM In reply to

There is a secret menu where you can set this. Key in *#1234# to access.

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 02-14-2011 6:05 PM In reply to

You are a genius, thank you so much.  I just tested it and no more beeps. I can genuinly use the phone for work.

Again, thank you so much

Dan

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)