in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-23-2011 7:28 AM by TheMajor. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-23-2011 4:00 AM

Couple of Beomaster 7000 questions

Hey guys

I have my set up and running now. I just have a few questions.

How can you change the bass and treble on the Beomaster using a Beo4? Also the same for balance.

What is the digital input/output for on the back?

The plastic cap seems hard to get off, I didn't want to pull any harder incase I killed something.

Thanks

Mike

Beosystem 7000/6500- Beolab 4000 - Beosound 1 - A8 - Earset 3 - Beo4

• 01-23-2011 4:08 AM In reply to

Re: Couple of Beomaster 7000 questions

Leave the cap in place, it's used for direct porting out of the signal. If you remove it, your speaker connections go silent.

Use STBY/LIST on your Beo4 to access the additional menus, go to ADD, and add AUDIO SETUP if you don't have it already in LIST. Afterwards you can access AUDIO SETUP using the LIST button and make the adjustments you want to startup volume, bass, treble and balance.

• 01-23-2011 4:08 AM In reply to

So they arrived safely, congratulations Smile

The tone controls with a Beo4 are rather annoying. First, you need to add A.SETUP to the list options if it isn't there already... then

• A.SETUP, GO
    • LIST until you see the setting you want to change, then GO
    • Use the volume buttons to alter the setting (except for loudness, that needs GO)
    • Finally, list to A.STORE and press GO if you want to save the current settings

The dummy plug is not a digital interface, it just links the pre- and power amplifiers together. Leave it alone.

-mika

• 01-23-2011 5:03 AM In reply to

Thanks for the help. I will be buying a Beolink 7000 in the near future. I will give it a try when I get the living room to myself.

Also do you know of a good dock to use for iPads/iPhones to use with the beomaster? Or even an external soundcard for my Mac Mini. I am using an RCA converter at the moment and it is okay but the CD player just sounds so much better!

• 01-23-2011 7:28 AM In reply to

These settings worked for me. I am not a fan of the loudness mode but the sound isn't as I'd like it to be without it. Beolab 11 will help but I'll keep waiting and enjoying it until the day arrives I can afford beolab 5s.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)