in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-16-2011 4:17 PM by richu. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2011 11:25 AM

Link room sound delay issues

Hi all,

I need a little bit of help with an issue I'm having with my setup. I'm experiencing a sound delay (or loss of synchronisation?) when using my link room. I have tried the Product Configuration Guide from this site but it doesn't cover my situation. My current setup is temporary while we have a major house remodelling so it is not my final setup but needs to be in place about 9 to 12 months so I would like it to work properly.

My setup is, in the main room, a BeoVision 5, connected via Powerlink to a BeoLink Passive & pair of BeoVox Pentas, and a Humax DTV box, a DVD2 and AppleTV all connected via scart. Then, at the opposite end of the room, I have a wired MasterLink from the BV5 to a junction box connecting to a BeoSound 9000 and BeoLab 3500 and a BeoLink Wireless "sender".

In the Link room next door is a BeoLink Wireless "receiver" connected to the IR eye and a pair of BeoLab Pentas.

In the main room when I play CD's on the BS9000 the BeoVox, BV5 speakers and the BeoLab 3500 work and sound excellent. If I play the BS9000 in the link room that works perfectly. If I play the BS9000 in the main room and link room together it all sound great and all speakers work fine.

In the main room when I play the BV5-DTV, DVD2 or AppleTV, just the TV speakers and BeoVox speakers work and sound excellent. The BeoLab 3500 does not come on. When I play those sources in the link room there are no issues with the BeoLab Pentas in there. However if I play any of those sources in both rooms at the same time the BeoLab 3500 does not come on and there is a very noticeable delay between the sound on the BV5/BeoVox speaker set and the wireless speakers. (Makes it sound like an echo)

I'm not sure what I can do to remedy this delay and how to get the BeoLab 3500 to turn on when any main room source is selected.

I'm not too sure about the option-ing of each item but have the user manuals for everything and the MasterLink user guide and have tried to follow them but none really cover having the BeoLab 3500 in the main room although the MasterLink guide says:-

The number selection depends on the setup.

Option 0 = No IR reception

Option 1 = Two IR receivers in the same main room

Option 2 = One IR receiver in the main room

Option 4 = Link room product connected to one or two main room products in the same room

Option 5 = Two IR receivers in the same link room

Option 6 = One IR receiver in the link room

Opt-4 seems to fit but does that mean Opt-4 on every thing in the room or just the link product? (The BS9000 will default to Opt-0 because it has no speakers connected I believe). Will that overcome the dealy if every thing is set to the correct option?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Stoobie

• 01-15-2011 12:58 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Re: Link room sound delay issues

Time delay is necessary for all video sources to get "Lip-Sync" to the picture - audio sources
    don't need to be delayed.

Option setting will "tell" the unit how to handle audio commands  (like "Radio", "CD", ...)
    and/or video commands (like "TV", "SAT/DTV",  "V.AUX", ...) 

If you have a living room where e.g. TV, Audio and speakers are installed and an additional BLb 3500
    is installed to cover the "dining/kitchen-zone" in the same room , you'll have to set  the BeoLab 3500
    to "L-OPT" 4.

If the BeoLab 3500 are located in a different room, you would choose "L-OPT" 6 instead.

• 01-15-2011 1:55 PM In reply to

Vienna:

Time delay is necessary for all video sources to get "Lip-Sync" to the picture - audio sources
    don't need to be delayed.

Does that mean there will always be the delay when I try to play the TV/DVD/AppleTV in the main room and link room?

Vienna:

Option setting will "tell" the unit how to handle audio commands  (like "Radio", "CD", ...)
    and/or video commands (like "TV", "SAT/DTV",  "V.AUX", ...)

Or do you mean that if I get the optioning correct the delay will be sorted out.

I have a huge MP3 archive on my PC and it plays through the AppleTV and the dealy is unacceptable if I want to listen to music through out the ground floor of the house.

Finally, I get the L-OPT "4" for the BeoLab 3500, but what about the BV5 and BS9000, should they all be OPT 4 too.

Thanks for you help and quick response.

Stoobie

• 01-15-2011 2:54 PM In reply to

As Vienna mentioned, the time delay has to do with the lipsync problem inside the BV5. It has to do with recalculating a progressive image on the panel, which takes time. This time delay has been set in the service menu to 50ms.

Changing this will result in lipsync problems on the BV5 itself. So what irritates more?

• 01-15-2011 2:59 PM In reply to

Stoobietoo:

Finally, I get the L-OPT "4" for the BeoLab 3500, but what about the BV5 and BS9000, should they all be OPT 4 too.

Beolab 3500 - option 4 (Link DTV, Link Radio etc...)

BV5 - option 2

BS 9000 - option 0

• 01-15-2011 4:59 PM In reply to

Guys Thanks for all your help and information. It all now makes sense.

Pity about the "lipsync" issue but I suppose I will have to put up with that. I'll mute the TV speakers and rely on the others around the house when in "music/sound on the TV" mode. I do have another pair of BeoLab Pentas and I'll look into connecting those up in the main room from the BS9000 so when in "music/sound on the TV" mode they will work to fill in the sound left by the muted BeoVox & BV5 speakers.

I was hoping to set those spare BeoLab Pentas in a third room but will have to look for a different option I think. This will all need looking into when the house is finally finished.

Thanks again.

Stoobie

• 01-15-2011 7:20 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

You may try setting the sound delay in the service menu to zero and see how far off the video actually is. I've found that my BS3 was set incorrectly to begin with and in the end I settled for just having the entire house in sync. I found my BluRay player to be about only at 10ms for some reason. Close enough to zero for me.

-Michael

• 01-16-2011 4:17 PM In reply to

• richu
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-02-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 75
    • Bronze Member

Yes -  thumbs up [Y] Re: Link room sound delay issues

For the Beosystem 3 / BV7 B&O has created a SW Update which adds the sound delay also to the Master Link. Hence, the linked rooms are delayed exactly as the picture in the main room is. See the http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/31193/251349.aspx#251349 

Build 632 - Master Link delay and feature activation. 

Before that, I used the sound delay of an external box from motron.com http://www.motron.com/product_info.php/products_id/133

Now that I have updated the SW of my BV7-40, I don't need this box anymore and I sell it in switzerland on the auction plattform ricardo.ch (shippment only in switzerland).

See also my other posts regarding this topic.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)