in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-15-2011 6:10 AM by vikinger. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-14-2011 5:45 PM

HELP or Advice needed

OK,  had my BV7-40 mk3  replaced with a BV7-40 mk4,  now this never happened on the mk3 one but on the less than 4 week old mk4 using sky-hd the voice sync is out on most bbc channels and almost all the SD channels.

TV connected to SKY HD via HDMI and SP-DIF only  no scart

TV set to AV1 DTV, HDMI-B, Sound via SP-DIF

SKY HD set to (in the setup sound menu) Stereo, Dolby D and delay 0

I have tried and changed every option and combination in the TV and SKY HD box but to no effect.  its starting to pi$$ me off now.

Any help would be great, as usual the sky off shore call centre is no help....

Jon

• 01-15-2011 3:31 AM In reply to

Re: HELP or Advice needed

Hi Jon,

I know how frustrating this is as it happened on our 6-22 but only on BBC and it must have been out of syn by between half and a second.  It takes away all viewing pleasure and is really distracting.  We live in France and only have a simple digital receiver box but I found that the problem had nothing to do with the TV as such. 

I entered one of the satellite box menus and checked some of the parameters shown for the BBC channel (it was a while ago so I can't remember which settings), after playng around with them and comparing the figures to good channels, all of a sudden, when I exited the menu the TV was working 100%.  It was as if the channel information was re-booted or refreshed.

Probably not much help for you but it can be fixed.  Sorry I can't be more helpful than that.  Good luck in getting it back to normal

Dave.

Am I ready? I was born ready!

• 01-15-2011 6:10 AM In reply to

Re: HELP or Advice needed

Using external Sky and Freeview boxes at various times on Avant BC1 and BV5, this has been a frequent problem, but always instantly correctable by changing to an adjoining channel, viewing it for a second, then changing back to what you were watching.

The out of synch problem then doesn't return for varying periods - sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes weeks! (I am using quite old Pace and Panasonic boxes.)

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)