in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-13-2011 4:27 PM by scanorama99. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2011 4:27 PM

passive optical splitter and beosystem

I think I have a problem with my optical splitter that I planned to have to make both analog and coaxial connection in the end  to the beosystem-1. When I bypass the splitter I get sound both digital and anaologe but I have to manually switch cables for it to change from stereo to surround sound from my mac mini. With the splitter I get sound only 1 time out of 10 when moving the cable up and down trying to level it with the beam. I seems like the beosystem have a hard time picking the signal up since it´s been cut in half in intensity in the splitter (or?)

I hope I am not wasting my money buying a powered optical splitter since I´ve been told that beosystem 1 is supposed to be able to automatically switch to digital source when it recieves that signal, and so it should be able to auto-switch back to analog after I change from lets say a dvd inside the mac mini to a mp3 song on the same mini.

I have a dac-converter and all the necessary wiring

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)