in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-15-2011 1:09 AM by Dave. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2011 6:50 AM

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Beovision 1/centre opinions

Just a quick question which unfortunately i don't have much time to get in.

I need a small elegant tv for my mum that must fit in a small flat..therefore i thought of the Beovision 1 from one of our second hand suppliers. Does anyone have one still and what are your opinions please? Leaving at 2pm for a monster drive but will check on tut Iphone.

Thanks in advance.

ps is the Beocentre worth the extra?

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 01-11-2011 10:01 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 1/centre opinions

Beocentre is worth the extra if it isn't too expensive, although you either need two ariels (TV & Radio) or an extra widget to combine into one.

Don't spend much money on it though!

DVD mech seem to go pop quiet often.

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 01-11-2011 3:59 PM In reply to

I have a beovision 1 in my bedroom, I love it! the sounds from it is brilliant, the 4:3 aspect ratio is a little dated but not bad for a small tv! If I had a small flat I would buy another in a flash! 

Good luck in finding one!

Cheers Nick 

• 01-11-2011 4:26 PM In reply to

The BC1 seems to have reliability issues and these were the first models that come with no circuit diagrams.  They look nice though!

• 01-12-2011 12:39 PM In reply to

• EOB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 188
    • Bronze Member

Hi Chris,

i would say if the choice is between beovision and BC1.

Go for a Beocenter 1 its handy for small spaces due to the turning feature. And very handy because it has ( TV/Radio/cd/dvd/speakers) all in one !

One control and all in one place.

As mentioned if you can get one which has been already refitted with an up to date dvd player you can have a good deal.

Also take in account that certain models can not be upgraded with sw. that for instance can upscale streaming movies from dvd. Otherwise your mother  will have a very small window to look movies in.

The latest BC 1 version can also play burned dvd and cd`s so its important to ask if it can do all these features.

Also the fact that you can plug in real easy comps and camera`s from front makes it a great monitor in the good sense of the word. It`s real easy if you want to show your mom pic`s video etc you just made and show them large on her tv set.

Its an unique system  ,.....they missed out on its upgrade I believe.

• 01-14-2011 11:55 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Thanks for all the replies.

I got her a Beocentre and she absolutely loves it. She has been systematically boring everyone in her block with all the details and proudly showing it off etc!

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 01-14-2011 2:54 PM In reply to

Excellent!  A great tv to enjoy!

• 01-14-2011 3:09 PM In reply to

BC1 a good choice. My BC1 has performed faultlessly. I've had it on a video stand (when bought at a bargain price), a wall stand, and now it's on a tall pole. Getting all the cables into the pole (and getting the TV on top) was a bit of a nightmare!

The DVD unit is very elegant in operation, but you can easily imagine small hands wrecking it if within reach!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 01-15-2011 1:09 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

vikinger:

Getting all the cables into the pole (and getting the TV on top) was a bit of a nightmare!

You're not wrong about that, i've done it about 8 times now and my life still flashes before my eyes everytime i do it

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)