in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-11-2011 5:34 PM by David. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2011 3:04 PM

• David
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-05-2007
    • England
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

Connecting pc to BV7-40

Hello Gents,

Has been a while since my last post, hope you are all well?

Well it has taken about 4 years of waiting for BV7-40's to come down to a price I can afford. This Thursday I am waving goodbye to my trusty 32" DVD Avant which is the hub of my masterlink setup and B&O Nottingham are coming to install my pre owned BV7-40 MK3, very excited.

My set up at home is the usual surround sound set up with BL8's at the front, BL6's at the rear and the Beolab2. The other rooms in the house are masterlinked with various TV's and a BL3500.

I have also ordered a new BEO6 remote and my dealer has asked me to fill out some with info about my preffered channels so he can program my remote, so I thought I would try and incorporate my office pc into my system.

These are the things I would like to do......

Access my itunes from the new BV7.

Access BBC i player etc and view it on the BV7.

Access my photos which are in Picasa and view on BV7.

Is any of the above possible? I have downloaded Beoplayer and scanned for music and it diidn't pick up itunes?

What is the best options?

Kind Regards,

David.

Beolab 8000, Beolab 6000, Beolab 2, LG CX65, Beosystem 3, Beosound 9000, Beolab 3500

• 01-10-2011 3:08 PM In reply to

Re: Connecting pc to BV7-40

Hullo David :)

What type of PC do you have ?

WINTEL or Apple Mac?

And have you had your Personal Computer linked to your B& set-up already ? If so, how have you had it linked ? i.e. do you have an existing BeoPort ?

Depending on your answers Philippe's LinkPlayer (search for PhilLondon's posts) is probably a good bet: it supports PLEX which in turn had both Picasa and BBC iView support.  It took some searching to the BBC plug-in, but it is accessible under "More ..." and "Foreign"

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-10-2011 3:38 PM In reply to

• David
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-05-2007
    • England
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

Hello,

My PC operates Windows XP which isn't connected to B&O.

I don't have a Beoport but I have downloaded Beoplayer to my PC to see what it looks like.

I shall do a search for the Linkplayer

Many Thanks. :-)

David.

Beolab 8000, Beolab 6000, Beolab 2, LG CX65, Beosystem 3, Beosound 9000, Beolab 3500

• 01-10-2011 3:49 PM In reply to

Unfortunately LinkPlayer is written for Apples on account of how bad B&O had let their support become (since then they did provide some support for BM-Link to be improved).

If you want audio+visual integration then you are going to have to research at a range of options and then choose the best for yourself.

The advantage that something like LinkPlayer has is that it integrates a range of media helpers (e.g. PLEX and its plug-ins) with the B&O world via a BeoPort ... the result is integrated video, integrated audio, and integrated control (i.e. Beo4 support).

The one possibility that I am not familiar with the MLGW - the MasterLink GateWay ... but I suspect it will cost more and not deliver the options you initially asked for.

What will be your video connection between the existing PC and the BV7-40 ?

Also read the Beo-PC and Beo-MAC forums as part of your researching !

You will learn a lot, become confused, seek clarity, gain enlightenment, have fun, and eventually find the combination that is right for you.

Also time is on your side given how much the TV world will change this year as Google, INTEL and Apple all bring products and enhancements to the market in the battle for the control of your living room Laughing

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-10-2011 5:28 PM In reply to

• Francois1er
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-13-2010
    • Fribourg, Switzerland
    • Posts 53
    • Gold Member

Hello David,

I also had to wait a long time to get my TV, a BV7-32 mark I in my case.

For the video, I linked my mini Acer (windows 7, Linux) to the screen over a DVI cable, the image is excellent, especially with Linux/Ubuntu.

For the sound, my short-term solution linked the Audio Output jack of my computer to the Audio In cinch of the television. Maybe your BV7-40 supports the kind of DVI plug that  also transmit sound digitally and then you would not even need that.  Ask the B&O guys, they should know. 

In any case, I found the beo player very annoying (but this is only my opinion) and I do not think that the PC link hardware part is really needed.

Be seing you

François

• 01-11-2011 5:34 PM In reply to

• David
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-05-2007
    • England
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the replies Gents.

Purchased Apple TV today so I can access itunes etc. Also purchased a PS3 so I can play Bluray and watch BBC i Player etc via wifi.

Have removed Beoplayer from the pc. :-)

Cheers,

David.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)