in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-24-2011 3:58 AM by Schmedegaard. 106 replies.
Page 4 of 5 (107 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-14-2011 3:55 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision 10 - 46 Dont bye it :-(

Can we please stop reducing every contentious thread down to childish retorts. I refuse to take sides but will start culling posts if I have to.

The original topic was a criticism of the BV10-46 - from experience of the BV10-40, I loved the picture, found some of the operating a little slow and the sound below par. I also think the design the finest interpretation of a flat screen I have seen. Fix the sound, and I would put up with the picture issues (never noticed them) and the operation (all B&O sets seems a little slow these days!)

• 01-14-2011 3:59 PM In reply to

Peter , I see it was the sound you found a problem , was that because you didn't have the bv10 against a wall ?

• 01-14-2011 3:59 PM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Doctor:

Can we please stop reducing every contentious thread down to childish retorts. I refuse to take sides but will start culling posts if I have to.

The original topic was a criticism of the BV10-46 - from experience of the BV10-40, I loved the picture, found some of the operating a little slow and the sound below par. I also think the design the finest interpretation of a flat screen I have seen. Fix the sound, and I would put up with the picture issues (never noticed them) and the operation (all B&O sets seems a little slow these days!)

To me the BV10 is one their best designs in their current line-up. I always thought it was a bit too big, but with the 32" my prayers have been heard.

I don't want ghosting and whatnot, but I will get me one, even if it's slow and even if thicker tellies have better sound. To me it's a question of buying something with decent speakers in it, and some other thin product where the audio quality makes it difficult to watch the news. To me, the BV10-32 fits my needs perfectly in that regard. I will check it inthe shop, though Stick out tongue

• 01-14-2011 4:08 PM In reply to

I had my 10-40 on a floor stand, with Pentas, 4000s and a BL2. The problem I had was that I found the centre speaker was strident and lacking in what I would call presence. The replacement BV5 just sounds much more how I want it to. The picture is not as sharp but perfectly good.I prefer the looks of the BV10 - less dominating though.

• 01-14-2011 4:16 PM In reply to

Thx Doctor Who ?  Davidson ??

• 01-15-2011 4:10 AM In reply to

Doctor:

This is the answer I wanted do write but didn´t find the words. This is also how I feel about my 10-40. I must admit that I think sound is very very acceptable and when compared to my friends flatscreens sound is magnificent. I often use it in speaker 1 mode even though I have pentas as front. I also accept sound is not on par with Avant and one doesn´t need to be a rocket scientist to figure out why.

• 01-15-2011 5:19 AM In reply to

delighted with mine  timed today, start up time to curtains opening 22 seconds

malcolm

• 01-15-2011 7:19 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

I think B&O should think themselves very lucky, that there isn't any serious competition ready to absorb some pretty unhappy customers. 8,000 Euros for a sub standard picture, and sound!!! But wait, it does come in an aluminium frame. Are you guys nuts. If Bose had half a brain and tied up with say LG to make there own "premium" TV with half decent sound and processing, all the connections of Joddrel Bank and a nice cosmetic finish for a good price???????

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 01-15-2011 11:26 PM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

chris:
    If Bose had half a brain and tied up with say LG to make there own "premium" TV with half decent sound and processing, all the connections of Joddrel Bank and a nice cosmetic finish for a good price???????

LOL, Bose! I'd prefer a telly without speakers to paying for something - anything - with Bose speakers.

Bose are the chrome of the crap.

• 01-16-2011 4:15 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

And the B&O ones have been warmly applauded? I have small Bose system for my Mac and its excellent,especially considering its size and £300 price. But thats another story.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 01-16-2011 4:41 AM In reply to

As stated above, the picture in my opinion is superb. The style is also simply the best. The sound knocks all similar sized TVs into a cocked hat but is just not as good as either an Avant or a BV5. The reasons for this are obvious - it is very thin. The provision of a BL11 could well help this but my decision was to change to a BV5.

• 01-16-2011 5:14 AM In reply to

I see your point "doctor", and totaly agree;-)
  • 01-16-2011 8:53 AM In reply to

As a matter of fact,Bose do have their own TV.

It is a 46" LCD Monitor,called the 'Videowave',and costs about £6000.

The various surround sound speakers are incorporated into the Monitor's housing.

• 01-16-2011 12:18 PM In reply to

Doctor:

As stated above, the picture in my opinion is superb. The style is also simply the best. The sound knocks all similar sized TVs into a cocked hat but is just not as good as either an Avant or a BV5. The reasons for this are obvious - it is very thin. The provision of a BL11 could well help this but my decision was to change to a BV5.

Precisely right Doctor...Smile

See my previous post.....buy a BV-5!! Wink

Buy an earlier BV-5 for less than £2k - and leave urself a load of change (buy some other B&O or go on holiday...)

Or buy an HD-BV-5 (if you can find one) and you should still get change compared to buying a new BV-10.

Job done

Stick out tongue

Michael

BV5, BV Avant, MX4000, MX1500

BS 7000, BS 5500

Penta III, Penta II, BL 4000, RL 60.2,  RL 35, CX-100 Alu

BL 7000, MCP6500, MCP5500,  BL 5000,  Beo4 (x2), BL 1000 (x2)

• 01-19-2011 12:17 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

It would seem that more of the complaints relate to LCD  technology than B&O themselves.

Compared to plasma its a very second best and when OLED becomes a commercial reality LCD will fade away.

Just a great pity that B&O could not lise with  a better commercila partner than Samsung to at least give some sense of value to the product.

• 01-19-2011 12:55 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

355f:

It would seem that more of the complaints relate to LCD  technology than B&O themselves.

Compared to plasma its a very second best and when OLED becomes a commercial reality LCD will fade away.

Just a great pity that B&O could not lise with  a better commercila partner than Samsung to at least give some sense of value to the product.

Who would you pick? 

• 01-19-2011 3:14 PM In reply to

Thing is at this moment Samsung is the leader LED producer. Pioneer left the market, Sony is not as good. So is Samsung, LG and Sharp, so unless i am missing something Samsung is the way to go in terms of LED screens.
  • 01-19-2011 4:28 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

BeoFab:
    Thing is at this moment Samsung is the leader LED producer. Pioneer left the market, Sony is not as good. So is Samsung, LG and Sharp, so unless i am missing something Samsung is the way to go in terms of LED screens.

Samsung has never been associated with high end quality, at least with Sharp the panels are of a higher qualty. In any event, its the technology thats flawed- If customers are happy to pay in excess of 10K euros for it then thats a choice that will please B&O im sure!

• 01-19-2011 5:12 PM In reply to

• SKApretto71
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Europe - Italy - Tuscany - Fucecchio
    • Posts 66
    • Founder

I would add JVC as another maker of LCD screens. Not sure on the high end range, but I'm very satisfied of mine (second TV, first is a BV3-32)

---

Raffaele "SKApretto n.71" Sgherri

I like Chrome and spread it!

• 01-19-2011 6:23 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

SKApretto71:
    I would add JVC as another maker of LCD screens. Not sure on the high end range, but I'm very satisfied of mine (second TV, first is a BV3-32)

Sites who rated the BV7-55 very highly now rate the Panasonic VT series (plasma) as their reference TV (in the absense of the Kuro, from which Panny bought out all of their plasma patents).

Plasmas are getting thinner, although nowhere near as thin as the current Samsung LCD's (with LED backlighting), but I would imagine a modern plasma would fit comfortably within the BV7 housing (my speculation).

I bought a Panny 46" G20 - not quite as good as the VT series according to reports, although the 3D VT series wasn't available at the time and I didn't realise the 3D VT would also be better overall at 2D, SD & HD Sat broadcasts too.

Still, I'm very happy with my plasma in THX mode! I'm not a movie buff, nor  fan of suround sound - I'm happy with my SD picture quality on SKY+ and don't feel the need for SKY HD. My TV has both 3D Freeview & 3D FreeSat and when I flip from 3D FreeSat to "normal" Sky, although there is a difference, it is negligeable, at least from my viewing position and with my specs (and Mrs. P. doesn't even notice at all)!

Call me a philistine if you will!Laughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-19-2011 6:44 PM In reply to

Philistine!

• 01-19-2011 7:00 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

johnharwood:

Philistine!

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-20-2011 2:04 AM In reply to

As far as i heard, it´s Panasonic panel´s inside our Beovision 10´s ? 

• 01-20-2011 3:04 AM In reply to

The BV10 has a Samsung panel - as do all the LCD/LED sets. The BV4 has a Pansonic plasma screen, as have all the plasma sets. The actual screens are regularly updated during the model's life.

• 01-20-2011 8:42 AM In reply to

The mass market,so we are told, clamours for LCD TVs,and generally the cheaper the better,but since B & O is not catering for said market,there is no reason for it not to offer technology that offers the best PQ with components sourced from the highest quality suppliers.

Edge lit LED panels,to my mind,do not offer the best PQ,and presumably are cheaper to manufacture than  full backlit LED panels.

Sharp certainly manufacture full back lit LED panels in smaller sizes,so if B & O wish to provide LCD TVs,why not utilise Sharp panels.

Surely it can't be for cost cutting reasons,or can it?

As for Plasma Panels not being thin,LG have manufactured them less than 25mm in depth.

Page 4 of 5 (107 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >