in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-24-2011 3:58 AM by Schmedegaard. 106 replies.
Page 3 of 5 (107 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2011 6:39 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 10 - 46 Dont bye it :-(

I don't think this thread is about self-repeatness at all. Some constructive "criticism" and awareness IMHO.

There has been some problems with the BV10, in my case with a brand new TV with 3 year warranty, and very small amount of clouding after the SW update, I doubt I will think of the clouding again. The technician that updated the TV yesterday was familiar with clouding, and he said, if there's a problem we will change the screen.

I do know friends who expect perfection from most things, and something costing 6500e should be pretty darn perfect.

If clouding appears on Sony TV's then so what, since when did Sony become the one for B&O to measure against? 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-13-2011 7:33 AM In reply to

I´m glad to hear of good dealer service Yes -  thumbs up, But i´m just a litle bit sick of people complaning about there product, and dont doo anything about it. If your not satisfied with the solution, pic another... For example... we can not disagree on some dealers arent all as good, as we want them to be.... so if your not getting the service you are looking for.... find another dealer. There are good flagstores out there, that gives a splending costumerservice. I found mineBig Smile

About the perfection of a TV in this price area. Shure we all expect a perfect tv in some degree, but no mater what product you buy. Some one can always find some minor flaws/errors. It has all to do about how perfectionist we are. So if one cannot live with the clouding (in this case) one should return the TV to the dealer, and ask for another product, that satisfies his expectations. insted of complaining about itWink

A couple a years ago i bought a new car, and on the alu roof railing, there was a mini mini scratch, and on the steeringwheel aswell a micro scratch. i asked for the parts to be replased, but the shop rejectet and said that it would be schratched anyway when used.... . BAD SERVICEAngry

I contacted the salesmanager, and told him that i parked the car in front of his office with the keys in an envelope in the mailboks, and if the parts was not replased with in 3 days, hi should call back the deal. 5 days went by with regular phonecalls from the shop, telling me that they were expecting the parts soon. After that i had the most splending service the last 2 years i had the car, with no trouble at all.

With that story, i´m just pointing out, that i too can be critical, but choose your batles... don´t take them all.

About Sony:

I´m not setting Sony up as a reference to B&O.... and defenently not about the clouding (i havent seen that on other TV´s than B&O), but some people are quick to say Samsung or Sony when comparing price and inovation. But as refered to regarding TV-Tuners ect....... those products can in my opinion not at all be compared with B&O.

I am to, aware of the clouding on my BV-10, but dispite that, i still love the rest of the TV, and the integration/linking to the rest of the B&O equipment in my house.

• 01-13-2011 10:59 AM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Sounds an awful lot like the advice given by the Apple apologists:

"If you have problems [which is always downplayed as "minor"] shut up and eat it, or at least return it or have it swapped, but don't *** about because we only want to hear positives"

It's a TV. If you need to shop around, having your tv swapped numerous times because your dealer aren't the best, and then do so until you have a good one, I can see huge problems with situation.

Bleeding is something Apple's screens suffered from extremely much at some point. If it were not for people complaining, the Apple fanboys would have had their way and they would still suffer from really bad edge bleeding.

As usual it comes down to quality control: If B&O aren't able to do proper quality control on tellies in that pricerange, particularly on the very screens, I can see no reason why anyone should even contemplate a B&O tv.

And that seems to be the problem with your argument: You're arguing that any negatives should be suppressed and after one has found a good dealer (i.e. one that will exchange it and/or fix it), one should then begin the swapping/fixing game with the dealer as an ally, but most importantly, one should keep quiet about it, not realising that keeping quiet about it will not make B&O upgrade their QC.

• 01-13-2011 5:51 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

To buy it, or not to buy it, that is the question Wink

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-14-2011 4:20 AM In reply to

Schemedegaard look at the picture I have put on the forum.

There are clouds / bleeding backlight completely exaggerated.

I have neighbors who laughs that I have given so much for a TV but so poor quality!

B & O has changed panel but the problem is still there. With my sense of quality and expectation for B & O I can not live with this.

You have given right that I / we can just sell the TV / rescind the purchase and buy a samsung TV or other product.

But it is obvious that if you give over 8,000 euros for a television that you also place demands on quality and passes the information on this forum

It's far from okay and did not reach the B & O worthy.

Think some b & o fan defend B & O that it is now okay that there are clouds on their television. What's next that it's okay to sound scratchy on their music systems - design is indeed beautiful as the sound does not matter :-(

No. I expect the best and it requires no great education to make a television without those problems - it is a matter of choice of panel technology.

And there have b & o took a wrong choice!

If I buy an Audi, I expect good design and it runs excellently.

I would not accept that it bounces when I drive over 100 km / h when I know that this can be solved by changing the model or tires.

The long and short of this case is that one should not accept such poor quality panel built into the BeoVision 10 and that it is a human / shareholder's right to apply high standards to the b & o televisions quality based on brand and price.

• 01-14-2011 5:22 AM In reply to

Ok i see your point, and must agree that a TV of this price, should bee perfect.

And to be fair i can only answer for my own TV. and there were so small ammount of clouding/bleeding that you could hardly see it. and after SW update it can not be seen.

And maybe i was a litle bit affendet of the Supject line : Dont bye itSad

Because not all are having the same problems that you have. I´m not saying, that we can not discuss B&O problems, and that every problem should be shushed. but with all that problems you mention regerding cracking noice, and bad speakers, i can not se why you havent had it picked up and delivered back to the dealer. You say that the dealer has tryed to solve your problem.... but you just have to be more firm, and demand your rights.

Of couse it should not be that way, and after paying that kind of money for a TV, it should be perfect, but when it is´nt, then it should be delivered back.... no questions asked. 

The bottom line is that B&O is a brand that should be perfect, and recently they havent been. and they should deffenently doo something about it before it´s too late.

But it dosn´t help if people are just bitching about it here, and other forummembers are just nodding. Be a man and take the discussion with the dealer, and let him make the brand better, as he should report back to HQ Struer. If we(customer) er careless... they will be too.

Try to understand, that there are a lot of B&O fans out there, and we don´t like when our products are being criticized. But we also have to be realistic about it, and admit, that sometimes error accureEmbarrassed

Good weekend to you all.

• 01-14-2011 5:34 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Thank you Schmedegaard, well said.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-14-2011 6:08 AM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Schmedegaard:
    But it dosn´t help if people are just bitching about it here, and other forummembers are just nodding. Be a man and take the discussion with the dealer, and let him make the brand better, as he should report back to HQ Struer. If we(customer) er careless... they will be too.

Schmedegaard:
    Because not all are having the same problems that you have. I´m not saying, that we can not discuss B&O problems, and that every problem should be shushed. but with all that problems you mention regerding cracking noice, and bad speakers, i can not se why you havent had it picked up and delivered back to the dealer. You say that the dealer has tryed to solve your problem.... but you just have to be more firm, and demand your rights.

One thing doesn't preclude the other. In fact, as a coming buyer of a BV10 (although the 32" as I don't want a big telly), I am most interested in this. Infact, I will make sure to have it tested in the shop before I leave the premises because of this, which is something I have had to do before after receiving one faulty Macbook Pro after another (5 or 6 of them, in fact - when it wasn't the screen, it was the firewire, when it wasn't the firewire, it was the mainboard etc.).  I shouldn't have to, but at least that way I'm minimizing the risk of me being disappointed when I unpack it and plug it in at home.

In all honesty, I can't use positives as much of a guidance, but specific negatives (be it bleeding or just a "missing" feature or a bug of some sort) gives me much more specifics to decide whether or not a product is worth it or I can live with those specific shortcomings.

The problem with positives is that there are way too many sheep out there independently of brand. Many people will simply claim the most unbelievable about how good a product is, even if it's really sub par products. Take a look at the iPhone crowd. Especially when the first oe came out. People where in awe of how useful and "awesome" it was, even if it couldn't do even the most basic things.

Most people are easily swayed because something is new and shiny and "fancy". Even if it really doesn't work well. Fanboyism really is useless to me.

• 01-14-2011 7:50 AM In reply to

Again..... I´m not saying that we shouldnt anounce problems and bugs in/on our products.... curtainly not. What would this forum be if not ? And a problem like this mentioned here, is usable for a newbuyer like you.... certainly !Yes -  thumbs up

But clouding/bleeding it is now not a novelty enymore, and it´s sad that "Ferrari" had this problem, and sad that his bad experience, made him tell everyone else NOT to buy a Beovision 10.

I think it´s a little harsh way to put it.... i´ll rather have had a helpful criticism.... could you call it that?Big Smile

So to end this discussion and let the tread be, what it was ment for... My advice to other potential beovison 10 buyers will be, together with your dealer to see and test the TV before delivery. Of course it should not be that way, but until the clouding / bleeding problem is solved, it will be the solution so that defective products don´t come out to the end user, but insted is being delivered back to the factory, as a faulty product.

@ "Ferrari": Sorry for getting in your tread with the bad attitude. I just hope that others will have a better experience with the TV, dispite your "review"Stick out tongue And i realy hope that your dealer will take care of your problem. one way or the other.

Tanks

Kenneth.

• 01-14-2011 8:03 AM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

I agree that the title of the thread is a little harsh, but I still view it as the opinion of one (i.e "1"), so to me the thread title is what he would reply if asked in real life - I'd take it for what it is, just like my advice for anyone buying a computer for audio or video production these days would be to avoid MacBook "Pros" (or any Mac, for that matter) at all costs.

• 01-14-2011 8:13 AM In reply to

Electrified:

I agree that the title of the thread is a little harsh, but I still view it as the opinion of one (i.e "1"), so to me the thread title is what he would reply if asked in real life - I'd take it for what it is, just like my advice for anyone buying a computer for audio or video production these days would be to avoid MacBook "Pros" (or any Mac, for that matter) at all costs.

Like i said... there will allways be somebody with bad experiences. Smile Sad to hear about the Mac though

• 01-14-2011 8:26 AM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Schmedegaard:
    Sad to hear about the Mac though

Don't be. I've been on the platform for more than 20 years, and it's simply not the best tool for the job anymore. It's even worse (relatively to windows and pc's) than what we had to endure in the nineties. But that's for another thread. Stick out tongue

• 01-14-2011 12:03 PM In reply to

To my mind,a basic point is being overlooked in this discussion.

One expectation in buying a premium,priced,product is a higher standard of quality control operated by the manufacturer,which in turn leads to consistency in the product.

If there is an inconsistency in peoples' experience of the BV10,then it speaks volumes about B & O's QC procedures.

As I said in an earlier post,B & O should have more integrated Plasma TVs in their portfolio.

Such TVs do not have to have great depth,eg LG have Plasma TVs which are less than 25mm in depth.

• 01-14-2011 2:30 PM In reply to

@ electrified

I don't know why you have this hidden agenda about apple and it's supposed  fanboy's , it's pathetic.

Grow up.

• 01-14-2011 2:42 PM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Flappo:

@ electrified

I don't know why you have this hidden agenda about apple and it's supposed  fanboy's , it's pathetic.

Grow up.

I think you should take your own medicine. I don't have any hidden agendas. I'm saying what I think, but it appears you take personal offense of me doing that. It's funny, because I made sure to post that for audio and video production I advice to avoid Macs at all cost. Since I don't think you do either for a living I can't see why you feel it was necessary to react as you do.

That reaction in itself is quite telling, so please take your own advice and grow up - it's a computer, a tool, nothing more, nothing less. If you feel offended, you have yourself to blame.

• 01-14-2011 2:52 PM In reply to

I've looked over your last hundred posts or so and you've been accused of being a troll

I concur.

• 01-14-2011 2:59 PM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Flappo:

I've looked over your last hundred posts or so and you've been accused of being a troll

I concur.

I really don't care what you agree with. Once again you conveniently forget to look at your own behaviour: You're the one coming out of nowhere with ignorant accussations of me having hidden agendas and whatnot, all the while feeling personally offended that I don't advice people to buy Macs for professional audio and video work - a notion that was born out of the only company I know where I have had to check things in shop, to be sure that I received a working one.

Your reaction to such a comment does nothing but emphasize my argument about fanboys, be they Apple fanboys, B&O fanboys, Harley Davidson fanboys or some other group that is personally offended unless one praises their favourite brand.

• 01-14-2011 3:06 PM In reply to

Steffen:

I stick to my old BeoVision3 CRT for a while yet. Best picture I've seen on any TV Cool OK -it's not HD -it's not BIG...It's not FLAT Wink
    But the overall picture quality is better than most flatscreens i've seen so far...Big Smile

I dont doubt the quality of your BV-3 picture and long may it live (i got an Avant myself).....but get yourself a BV-5....bigger, flatter, extremely cool, imposing television, that makes the real B&O statement.

You wouldnt be disappointed!Smile

Michael

BV5, BV Avant, MX4000, MX1500

BS 7000, BS 5500

Penta III, Penta II, BL 4000, RL 60.2,  RL 35, CX-100 Alu

BL 7000, MCP6500, MCP5500,  BL 5000,  Beo4 (x2), BL 1000 (x2)

• 01-14-2011 3:09 PM In reply to

Coming out of nowhere ?

LOL

Ask Peter , I've posted here since 2003.

I don't buy macs to impress anyone , I've used them in a professional capacity for over 20 years and in all that time they've never failed me. NOT ONCE.

I'm not a fanboy , I just know when something's better than the collective herd , that's one of the reasons's I love bno so much.

Well , used to , in the JJ days that is.

• 01-14-2011 3:19 PM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Flappo:

Coming out of nowhere ?

LOL

Ask Peter , I've posted here since 2003.

Coming out of nowhere as "in this thread with your attacks".

Flappo:
    I don't buy macs to impress anyone , I've used them in a professional capacity for over 20 years and in all that time they've never failed me. NOT ONCE.

Consider yourself lucky. I still doubt that by "professional capacity" you mean audio and video work.

Flappo:
    I'm not a fanboy , I just know when something's better than the collective herd , that's one of the reasons's I love bno so much.

Macs and Apple in general has always attracted a certain kind of fanboys. You should know that.

The hottest computer these days are Macs and basically anything they sell. You should know that too.

Further, let me repeat: You were the one taking personal offense at me making an analogy to a company you obviously hold dear. It was you, who began calling me a troll because my analogy wasn't talking positively about Apple. That set you off on this nonsense, and it's very clear that although you claim to not be a fanboy, your reaction is exactly that of a fanboy.

If you don't like me not praising Apple, ignore my posts.

• 01-14-2011 3:22 PM In reply to

Put me on ignore , see if I care.

Yawn.

• 01-14-2011 3:26 PM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Flappo:

Put me on ignore , see if I care.

Yawn.

Read what I wrote: I suggested you to ignore me if you disliked me not praising Apple.

'

• 01-14-2011 3:26 PM In reply to

Is this the "Beoworld in decline" thread? 

Erm

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-14-2011 3:27 PM In reply to

Electrified is on your ignore list for being a dork.

• 01-14-2011 3:33 PM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Flappo:
    Electrified is on your ignore list for being a dork.

Ha ha! Minutes ago you tried to claim the metaphorical adult ground. 

Well done, we can't all be consistent.

Page 3 of 5 (107 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >