in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-24-2011 3:58 AM by Schmedegaard. 106 replies.
Page 2 of 5 (107 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2011 10:22 AM In reply to

• BeoGreg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • South of France
    • Posts 139
    • Gold Member

Re: Beovision 10 - 46 Dont bye it :-(

I will make a very long story short : after eleven interventions in my house during five months (tv change, "cooling kit" installed, numerous software upgrades) I still have horrible clouds on dark scenes on BV10-40.

I also think that with the last software (ie. 153) the picture is now too dark and if you change brightness you get a poor picture.

I'm really fed up with all the time I spend and try not to think about it now (my wife or kids are not bothered with clouds), but I haven't said my last word !

Appart from the clouds (on two BV10-40) and the dark picture, I had a "lost" DVB-HD modul and analog modul (no Tv on a Tv set appart from my set top box !), cracking noises (still there sometimes even with "cooling kit"), very weak remote control (you need to be in front of the TV with Beo 5, Beo4 or Beo4 navigation), sound issues (different levels between different channels - first time in my life with same set up on MX or Avant), Puc issues (Puc 1 stopped working)...

What I got from B & O is a one more year warranty.

I'm not happy at all with the Tv and B & O lack of reactions (several letters at Beocare).

BTW, when all Tv sources stopped on my BV10, my dealer (very professionnal) immediatly installed a BV7-32 and guess what, clouding issue on white pictures : several dark spots on the center of the Tv. I was also annoyed by the noise of the spinning DVD on BV7.

No Tv seems perfect any price.

Cheers,

Gregory

Since 1995 : Beosound Century, Beolink 1000, Beocom 2400, Beovision MX 6000, Beocord VX 7000, Beo 4, LC2, Beosound Ouverture, Beolab 2500, Beocom 6000, Beolab 8000, Beosound 9000, Beovision Avant 32, Keyring, Bottle opener, Beosound 2, A8, Beosound 3, Beovision 10-40, Beo 4 Navigation, BeoTime, Beocom 5, Form 2...  

• 01-10-2011 12:27 PM In reply to

Hi

Sorry to hear about your problems, but just to let you know. All the never tv´s in B&Os range have theese issues.

I had/have the issue with a brand new 7-40 MK V, had my panel changed twice until B&O said that this was within acceptable bleeding at B&O.

Also the 7-55 has problems, and 10-40 and..and...and...!!!

And remember that this bleeding was on an LCD panel, not even LED. So to sum up, substantial bleeding on their screens are acceptable at B&O...

Maybe a few people does not have any issues, but otherwise i am almost certain that everyone sees the bleeding in a pitch dark room. The reason that everyone have not noticed it yet is because they always watch their tv´s in a brighter room.

So, you should return your tv, as this will IMO NEVER be fixed, at least not on present tv´s.. 

/Ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 01-10-2011 2:01 PM In reply to

I can not live with so many clouds in dark scenes on my BeoVision 10 to 46 and it's not ok to B & O deliver such a poor product.

And do not think the above comments are correct - it's actually possible to create a television without clouds - it's just choosing better panel technology - plasma or full led backlight !

• 01-10-2011 2:20 PM In reply to

I agree, and have therefore stopped buying their products after 4 years of loyalty to the brand.

Only thing to do is to stop buying their faulty products...

Most of their "new" products have not been functioning correctly, DVB-HD did not work at all when launched, BS5 did not work, DVD2 did not work, clouding on all tv´s. After B&O went digital, everything has been a disaster..

Only thing I will still buy, is their high-end speakers... Everything else is out of the question..

/Ehlerz

• 01-10-2011 2:29 PM In reply to

Agree.

My BeoVision 10 to 46 takes over 20 seconds to turn on and it takes about 5 seconds to change channels. All new televisions from other manufacturers turn and switches to the second. But it's probably because then you have time to hand and enjoy the stunning thin design (6 cm vs samsung 0.8 cm) :-)

And a few times each month, digital tuner does not find some programs because they have no control over their digital tuner.

Teletext is also very slow and seems like a product that is 10 years old.

B / O are also aware of the above issues and try to resolve it with the latest software update but it does not help

• 01-11-2011 3:51 AM In reply to

• BeoGreg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • South of France
    • Posts 139
    • Gold Member

ferrari:

Agree.

My BeoVision 10 to 46 takes over 20 seconds to turn on and it takes about 5 seconds to change channels. All new televisions from other manufacturers turn and switches to the second. But it's probably because then you have time to hand and enjoy the stunning thin design (6 cm vs samsung 0.8 cm) :-)

And a few times each month, digital tuner does not find some programs because they have no control over their digital tuner.

B / O are also aware of the above issues and try to resolve it with the latest software update but it does not help

I made the test of the starting time of the Tv : 44.7 seconds to have a picture with DVB-HD ; 27.2 seconds with my set top box (french Numéricable) and 22 seconds for analog Tv.

This is the official B & O answer for my complaint : "(...) we must confirm that it can take up to 40-45 seconds to start up the DVB-HD module. The reason for this is that the module powers down completely when the TV is switched off. This is made in order to prevent too high power consumption. There are no plans for changing this. (...)".

I also know there's only one solution : buy from an other brand, but I like too much my B & O ! I can't imagine a second leaving with a black plastic Tv on a black plastic stand.

My sister has a brand new Sony 52" LED with contrast screen and aluminium stand (very Beoish) and it's full of clouds even  during day time (if you watch football you see five or six triangles on the grass...).

That's why I stay with my B & O clouds and try to forget about it.

Cheers,

Gregory

Since 1995 : Beosound Century, Beolink 1000, Beocom 2400, Beovision MX 6000, Beocord VX 7000, Beo 4, LC2, Beosound Ouverture, Beolab 2500, Beocom 6000, Beolab 8000, Beosound 9000, Beovision Avant 32, Keyring, Bottle opener, Beosound 2, A8, Beosound 3, Beovision 10-40, Beo 4 Navigation, BeoTime, Beocom 5, Form 2...  

• 01-11-2011 4:28 AM In reply to

Hi Beogreg

I have also had the above explanation on the timely startup. However it bugs me that B&O are very well aware about the issue, and as they still ship tv´s with their DVB-HD module fittet, this startuptime is apparently ALSO acceptable at B&O. WHY on earth do they not make it possible to change the settings in the servicemenu. I mean fair enough that B&O will reduce powerconsumption and all that, but make it possible not to power down the DVB-HD module when powering down the tv, and then it is up to the individual consumer if they can live with the higher consumption financialy AND enviromentaly.

I my self know several potential B&O customers that are reluctant to buy a B&O tv, ONLY because of this unreasonable startuptime.

So B&O, if not making it standard out of the box, then at least give us the possibility to change it ourself...

/Ehlerz

• 01-11-2011 6:39 AM In reply to

Hopefully they'll get their act together in the next year or so.

The Intel thing looks promising.

• 01-11-2011 6:56 AM In reply to

I have mine from October 2010, I have not encountered any kind of these technical issues. I am satisfied with the BV10 46, even if I think it is way too looong to warm up (more than 25 seconds Ick!) and the sound is not so good as my older Avant.

Cheers,

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 01-11-2011 7:27 AM In reply to

BeoGreg:

ferrari:

Agree.

I made the test of the starting time of the Tv : 44.7 seconds to have a picture with DVB-HD ; 27.2 seconds with my set top box (french Numéricable) and 22 seconds for analog Tv.

This is the official B & O answer for my complaint : "(...) we must confirm that it can take up to 40-45 seconds to start up the DVB-HD module. The reason for this is that the module powers down completely when the TV is switched off. This is made in order to prevent too high power consumption. There are no plans for changing this. (...)".

I also know there's only one solution : buy from an other brand, but I like too much my B & O ! I can't imagine a second leaving with a black plastic Tv on a black plastic stand.

My sister has a brand new Sony 52" LED with contrast screen and aluminium stand (very Beoish) and it's full of clouds even  during day time (if you watch football you see five or six triangles on the grass...).

That's why I stay with my B & O clouds and try to forget about it.

Cheers,

Gregory

Hello,

I have also made a test of the starting time of the HD module with my BV 10-40: 33 seconds until the electronic curtain opens.

If I make a record with my HDR2, the HD module is working and the LED is green. Then it takes only 12 seconds! So it would help if you could remain the HD module on in the settings.

The time of changing channel is also very long, about 4 seconds. If you use a connected camcorder via scart as monitor, you can see that the channel changes at once. So it is obvious that this is not an issue of the HD module but of the BV 10.

BTW: Last week my BV 10 shows the county choice after switching on, because the HD module had made an automatic reset. I had to store all my channels (97 !) again, I was not very amused!

/Räuber

• 01-11-2011 9:54 AM In reply to

My experience with my Beovision 10 so far has been very, very good. No problem at all thanks God!!

Now, I also have a Sony Bravia 40" with stainless steel frame (I wonder from where they got the inspiration) which is in "perfect" working condition and I am willing to sacrifice myself and trade it for a "defective" Beovision 10 anytimeCoolBig Smile

• 01-11-2011 12:18 PM In reply to

• Siggi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Gold Member

hi there,

i´m also an owner of an 10/46...the only thing,and thats disapointing,is the sound of the center speaker.for sure you cannot expect a very rich sound of these system.but i think,if the sound menue is more differentiated perhaps with an equalizer or  "better" parameter,it would sounds much better.i think that could be solved in an update.i dont think thats a speaker or chassis problem.

greetings siggi

• 01-11-2011 4:12 PM In reply to

it's Samsung's fault for making poor quality displays in the first place , not bno's.

They can only work with what they're given.

Maybe they should have stayed with plasma a bit longer so as to differentiate themselves and keep the quality up as LCD seems a very under developed technology.

• 01-12-2011 3:02 AM In reply to

Flappo:

They can only work with what they're given.

Well, B&O arent given anything, they have chosen to get their defective panels from Samsung. So it is most certainly B&O´s fault if they despite of the mentioned issues continue to work with Samsung, as they are alowed  to look for another supplier without faulty panels... 

/Ehlerz

• 01-12-2011 3:56 AM In reply to

I'm ok with my 10-40. Only miss timer funtion from Avant.

My 10-40 just does it for me. Enjoy every time I come home and turn it on. Start up time is long but worth the wait.

• 01-12-2011 4:35 AM In reply to

The screen on my Avant has a dent in the top rhs of the screen glass and chickenwire effect on either extreme side so its not like bno havent had problems before with their screens.

Thing is , the tv is still working after 7 years and still looks pin sharp .

None of my other tvs have ever been as reliable or had as good a picture for as long.

I'd seriously consider the bv10 46 as a new tv without hesitation , it looks lovely has 3 hdmi's , and as for the sound I'd just add my beloab 6ks to beef it up a bit

• 01-12-2011 11:35 AM In reply to

• Siggi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Gold Member

..i think adding beolab6 or 8 is not solving the sound "problem" because they are working only at "effekt modus".The main sound coming out of the center speaker.the problem is,that the added bl´s sounding brilliant and the main bv10 has alot of weaks in the High-Mids.I think an own sound menue for the center speaker would help to adjust the system

• 01-12-2011 1:00 PM In reply to

My BV10-46 is fine. No clouding or strange noises. One thing is that it looses ML connection to my BS5/BM5 sometimes so I just pull out the powerplug. Has happened 3 times sinces last summer so its no big deal. Guess its solved in a newer software version.

Startuptime is no problem, I´m used to it and can wait.

Picture is marvellous especially with BR movies from my Pioneer BR player in HD.

Sound is via 4*BL3. Thinking of the BL11 to add some more base.

Brgds Ingvar

Collector since 1996, BS5/BM5, BL3*4, BL11, BEO6, BV10-46, BL2000, MX4002, Beocom6000, Beotalk1200

• 01-12-2011 3:34 PM In reply to

Flappo:

Maybe they should have stayed with plasma a bit longer so as to differentiate themselves and keep the quality up as LCD seems a very under developed technology.

I agree 100%, and I would guess that given the choice B&O would have used plasma as well, and not a new unproven technology.  This, after all, is what they traditionally do as a brand,  by only implementing a technology once it is stable and offers a definate benefit to the end user.

But then what do they get?  A forum (and shop) full of people complaining that "Samsung do LED", "Plasma is old" blah, blah.

Out of interest, of those above complaining about the LED issues (personally I have never seen then on the BV10 that I saw) how many would have bought the set if it looked exactly the same apart from being a bit deeper, with the better sound that would provide, and using an "old" plasma panel?

The fact that the forum is littered with other threads where people are complaining that a BV7-40 isn't LED backlight, just shows that the por guys in Struer can't do right for doing wrong.

• 01-12-2011 4:37 PM In reply to

rednik:

Out of interest, of those above complaining about the LED issues (personally I have never seen then on the BV10 that I saw) how many would have bought the set if it looked exactly the same apart from being a bit deeper, with the better sound that would provide, and using an "old" plasma panel?

I fully agree with your remark. I actually liked the BV4-50 most, however with 10cm depth it was a bit to much on the wall and pricing was a bit to high for my taste. After much deliberation I bought the BV10-40 which I liked design-wise too and for the overall integration and accepted the price pointWink.  

After some time I got used to the screen and noticed a bit of ghosting. Most notably in dark scenes within movies or when the movies ends (showing all the names of authors etc.). OR when the system shuts down. In the end I did not try the software update but went for the BV-46 MKii. I haven't played a lot with it yet, as the house is currently being refurnished, but at least in the 2 weeks I could look no ghosting and a splendid picture. 

• 01-12-2011 6:30 PM In reply to

BeoFab:

My experience with my Beovision 10 so far has been very, very good. No problem at all thanks God!!

Now, I also have a Sony Bravia 40" with stainless steel frame (I wonder from where they got the inspiration) which is in "perfect" working condition and I am willing to sacrifice myself and trade it for a "defective" Beovision 10 anytimeCoolBig Smile

Tell us a bit about your Sony. Why are you not satisfied with it? Seems like SOME people here think that only B&O TV's has problems. Hmm

I've seen many of the problems mentioned in this thread, on both SONY, Philips, LG and other LCD/LED flatscreens...
    Maybe the technology just isn't good enough yet. Hmm

I stick to my old BeoVision3 CRT for a while yet. Best picture I've seen on any TV Cool OK -it's not HD -it's not BIG...It's not FLAT Wink
    But the overall picture quality is better than most flatscreens i've seen so far...Big Smile

• 01-12-2011 7:29 PM In reply to

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

I agree with you Steffen, maybe the technology simply isn't good enough yet.

I've been looking around a lot since it would be nice with a larger picture than 32 inch, but I guess there is still nothing better than a BV3.

It's like comparing a really good vinyl LP with a low resolution MP3. Ok, you get rid of the distortion, but the sound is unnatural and dead in a way..

Even on some of the best ( and most expensive) HD TV's there is something "too digital" about the whole experience…

I always use to embrace new technology..maybe I'm getting old ;-)

/Peter

• 01-13-2011 2:33 AM In reply to

I had my BV10 updated to the newest software yesterday, and it did take away some of the clouding. 

Clearly less of it now, I mentioned the "cooling" set to the tech guy, he had never heard of such a thing.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-13-2011 5:02 AM In reply to

Put it this way.... If you dont like the product... fair, but dont make a tread this big repeating your selfs, with S***.

If you can´t  live with that small amount of clouding, that i see on my BV 10-40 in a dark room. i can hardly see it, and non of those i asked about it, havent notices it before i pointet it out for them. ok the TV is not so quick at startup, but better with the new SW. About the channel shifting, i dont have any regards... much like all other digital tvs. and then agian... take a look at the picture on a Sony top of there class TV. pure digital/analog tuner..... maybe quicker... but not.... defenently not better.... ! 

If you think Samsung is thinner and better looking, then sell your B&O stuff, and by samsung ect....

Ok not low freqrenz and big sound in the BV-10 but still Good sound... Ad a pair og good front speakers maybe a pair of rearspeakers aswell, you´ll have GREAT integratet Sorround sound.... no need for a big ugly SorroundSound Reciever/amplifier.... Wink

Then try to take a slim Samsung 8mm TV....!!!!  My Iphone have better sound than that....  A great picture from Blueray/DVD, but try to see a digital/analog picture from your daily channel.... not so great. And what are you wathing most of, on your TV.... ?? DVD ???? NOT !! !

In my opinion, B&O still makes one of the best TV´s in the world, and a integration like no other....

I´m a teck/gadget geek myself, but still loves the simple control of B&O

Just some thoughts from another point of view.

Thanks for a great forum

• 01-13-2011 5:41 AM In reply to

• seheiste
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Stockholm
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Thank you Schmedegaard! Agree to 100%

Page 2 of 5 (107 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >