in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-13-2011 12:53 AM by aweicc. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-07-2011 10:20 AM

Disappointed with BV8-40

After a year of owning BV8-40, I am actually disappointed with this purchase.

There problem is with the sporadic "clicking" noise that creep up while watching it.  It is especially annoying during quieter scenes of a movie, totally ruins the experience with that noise clicking away in the back ground.

My dealer has exchange the tv once and the problem is still there.  It is also embarrassing when friends asked to see that "expensive" tv and they hear that strange click coming from the back of the unit.

Really not happy with this. 

• 01-07-2011 10:33 AM In reply to

Re: Disappointed with BV8-40

I've never heard of this. What is the cause of the clicking? If the dealer exchanged the unit I'm assuming they have some idea of what the issue is.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-07-2011 10:53 AM In reply to

Hi,

I might be wriong ( a bit out of the loop nowadays) but I am fairly sure that there is a fix for this that involves a simple procedure ( ie, can be done in situ) based around fitting a new specification plate inside the TV.

Could be a different model I am thinking off that also clicked ( a thermal issue) in use....but your dealer should know, or be able to check easily.

I have a Bsnd 1 that also clicks every once in a while...but not enough to be an issue.

• 01-07-2011 12:52 PM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

I had a similar issue with my BS1. Makes you wonder if the 'testers' were asleep that day.

I can totally sympathise with some friends having a laugh at the unit clicking when they cost  and promise so much.

• 01-07-2011 1:54 PM In reply to

I am also owning a BV8-40 for a bit more than a year now but do not have any noise. It is simply a nice TV set with stunning picture and sound.

So I am quite sure there is a fix for your problem. Let the dealer come and repair till it is solved.

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 01-07-2011 2:12 PM In reply to

• hotknife
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-03-2008
    • Solingen/Germany
    • Posts 552
    • Bronze Member

Aweicc,

you do not mean the noise of the fan with "clicking noise"? Are you sure your dealer has changed the telly (did you check the serial-no. before and after)?

The noise of the fan will be eliminated with the next DVB-update B&O told me.

If the clicking noise comes from the power supply unit there is of cause the possibilty to replace the unit for a "non B&O-unit".

Pass your telly again to the dealer and/or write a complaint to B&O.

BeoVision 8-40, ATV2, BeoSound 4, Front BeoLab 9, Rear Beolab 4000 MKII, Beo 4

• 01-08-2011 2:03 PM In reply to

• hotknife
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-03-2008
    • Solingen/Germany
    • Posts 552
    • Bronze Member

Maybe the same problem, because similar parts

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/37215.aspx

BeoVision 8-40, ATV2, BeoSound 4, Front BeoLab 9, Rear Beolab 4000 MKII, Beo 4

• 01-10-2011 8:10 PM In reply to

I am not sure what caused the noise but it does sound like its coming from the fan and I am sure the dealer has changed the unit because they deliver it to my door and took the old one back.

From what I can gather ( by talking to my dealer ), they are not sure what caused it as well.

The noise is immediate when I switch on appletv or ps 3 ( both connected using hdmi ), when just watching free to air tv the noise comes in gradually. 

I will give my dealer another call today and see if there is a firmware coming up thats going to solve this problem.

Thanks all for the reply.

• 01-11-2011 3:07 AM In reply to

aweicc:

The noise is immediate when I switch on appletv or ps 3 ( both connected using hdmi ), when just watching free to air tv the noise comes in gradually. 

After reviewing your problem description and knowing that you are certain that the TV has been replaced, also taking into account your statement above, I would suggest that the most likely cause of your problem is either:-

1. Firmware not up to date in both TV's. There apparently was a problem known to B&O when using some STB's most noteably Humax which caused clicking sound when in use in the manner you have described.
    2. You are getting RF pickup through one or more of your connecting cables

Try and establish if the clicking sound is coming through the speakers ?

Regards Keith....

• 01-13-2011 12:53 AM In reply to

The firmware for the tv has been updated about 2 months ago, can you please let me know what version of the firmware that address the STB probolem?

I am 100% sure the sound is not coming from the speaker of the tv, it is clearly coming from the back of the tv.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)