in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-06-2011 5:47 PM by Ferdinand. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2011 4:02 PM

Beovision 10

Im pretty new to B&O but have seen the Beovision 10 and think it looks amazing.  I'm trying out how I can convince myself to buy one. They are so much more than any other TV. Any one have any thoughts about if they are worth it? Any one have one?

Thanks

Andrew

• 01-06-2011 5:27 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision 10

I have one. A 40" model. I think many at this forum have a BV10.

It´s a fantastic TV with a lot of possibilities. The design is awsome.

If they are worth it? Well, that depends on you budget and if you appreciate a piece of art that will have a substantial value on the second hand market. A Samsung in a few years will not....

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 01-06-2011 5:31 PM In reply to

I have the 46" and before that the 40". The BV10 is indeed a very pleasant looking television. I have upgraded to the 46" for two reasons: 40" has some ghosting (presumable solved by a software update) and I liked the larger screen size with movies. Second to that the 46" now has an additional HDMI connection as well.

The reason to choose B&O was (as mentioned by a lot of other people too):

- Multi room (I currently use it in 2 rooms)

- Integrated surround system

- Ease of use via Beo5 (I control my BluRay, Apple TV and digital recorder with it as well)

-  the ....... looks Wink

And indeed, the price is a bit steep to say the least. On the other hand, the stuff has been brought home, installed and great service without additional costs. So, if you take everything into account, its is more than a TV you are buying, hence a higher price (and the design/brand premium).

• 01-06-2011 5:47 PM In reply to

And I can add to that (from experience) , once you decide to do it you will be more 'worried' about which speakerfront to choose and where to place the TV.

But seriously as mentioned by Harry ... you do not just buy the TV, it is the whole package including the pre- and afterservice that I have experienced as very positive in Holland and now in Sweden.

If not done already go out and see it live, think about it and come back of couple of times. There is good chance that you will get hooked ..

BS9000, Beolab 3000, Beocenter 7002, RL60.2, beo4, BV10

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)