in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-06-2011 12:55 PM by hebo. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2011 11:32 AM

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Apple TV ATVFlash update warning..and tips..

Hi all Beo/Mac users!

As many of you, I am using a AppleTV with the ATVFlash add-on to get some more features which works great ( most of the time)

Since I have the first generation Apple TV, I have been waiting for FireCore to make ATVFlash AirPlay compatible, and YES!…Now its here!

It is added when installing the RemoteHD software which enables you to use any AirPlay enabled product also on the old Apple TV, even video.

Excited and eager to update my AppleTV i also updated my LastFM application that comes with ATVFlash :(  my advice: DON'T DO THAT JUST YET!

What happens is, when you reboot everything looks promising, exept that you don't get a menu. just a black screen and you can't do anything…(according to the forums this happens on both ATV 1 and 2)

I've been trying to reach FireCore during the day whithout result, so I actually had to do a hardware reset and reinstall everything…lots of work!

So:  

- AirPlay on AppleTV first gen. Yes!! works great!  

- LastFM update, NO GO!..keep away from that for a while until they have fixed it..

/Peter

• 01-06-2011 12:55 PM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

Re: Apple TV ATVFlash update warning..and tips..

Thanx for the info Peter.

BV10

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)