in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-06-2011 11:11 AM by Stan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2011 3:51 AM

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Optioning Help with BeoSound 5

I have just got a new BeoSound 5 to add to my collection. Currently I have a BeoSound 4 in my Study with BeoLab 4000, BeoVision 7-40 MKV in the Living Room and a couple of old BeoVision's around the house. What I want to do is add the BeoSound 5 in the study so I have both audio products. I have it connected up at the moment with the PowerLink into the BeoSound 4 and the BeoSound 5 set to Audio Master "No"

The problem that I have is that everytime I press Go or use the navigation wheel on the BeoSound 5 it turns on my 7-40 upstairs to that choice but does nothing in the study. My thought process is that the BS5 and BV740 think that they are in the same room and the BS4 in another because to the sound from the BS5 in the study I have to select N.Music on the remote or on the BS4 Headunit.

Any suggestions? I am going crazy trying all of the options!!

Thanks in advance

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

• 01-06-2011 4:33 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Re: Optioning Help with BeoSound 5

BeoMaster5 should be connected to BeoSound4 with Masterlink not Powerlink.

Opman

• 01-06-2011 5:40 AM In reply to

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Yes the two are connected in the MasterLink system, the Powerlink is from the BeoLab 4000's to the BeoSound 4.

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

• 01-06-2011 11:11 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I recently added a BV8 to my collection, and experience the same thing (the BS5 lives with a BS9000 in one room, while the BV8 is in another room).  However, prior to adding the BV8, when I turned on the BS5 via the BS5, only the BS5 turned on, and this was considered "normal" (according to the folks on the BS5 forum).  To listen today, I must do what I have always done - use a remote to select N.Music on the BS9000.

I do believe the BS5 believes it is in the same room as the BV40 - after all, it really has no way of knowing otherwise.  MasterLink is a passive network so the devices can see each other but have no understanding of locations - except from the option programming.  I've been contemplating moving the BS5 to the room with the BV40 so I can display the album artwork on the TV, but, then again, I'm not sure if it is worth the trouble.

I've checked the new option programming options of the BS5, and I don't see any that will help - you could put it in option 5 or 6, but then you would not get BS5 music distributed throughout the house.  Alternatively, you could make the BS5 the "master",  but then you cannot listen to CD, Radio or SD card from the BS4 throughout the house.  Maybe the Bs4 has some tricks I do not know about (after all, it can do multi-sourcing - listen to 1 source locally and another in a link room)...

It would be great if there was a solution - I hate having to hunt down a remote to listen to the BS5 in my main listening room, but I don't think there is... (yet?)...

Stan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)