in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-02-2011 9:17 AM by Vifa. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2011 6:55 AM

• Vifa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2008
    • Posts 64
    • Bronze Member

Strange Beolink 7000 Behaivoir - suddenly works after we passed new years eve

Hi,

I used my Beolink 7000 to wake me up every morning, but suddenly it couldn't handle any of the 'weekly' programmering. Nevertheless, 'Single' programmerings continued to worked. But everytime I programmed a 'weekly' programmering to for instance turn on the radio on specific days, it wouldn't carry it out.

All this began to occur a few months before I got my hands on a Beotime, and I began using Beotime to wake me up every morning instead. So I haven't been using the Beolink since for programmering tasks.  But the night of the 1. January I woke up because some of my lights were turned on. I realized later that day that the Beolink had carried out an old programmering task.

So, can anyone tell me what this is all about ? Is there some kind of 'hole' in the calender, since programmering hasn't worked properly for over a year.

• 01-02-2011 7:22 AM In reply to

Re: Strange Beolink 7000 Behaivoir - suddenly works after we passed new years eve

Have you checked the date of your system?

Weekly is a relative programming, tomorrow 3.1.2011 is absolut.

Maybe, your system is still in 1992...

• 01-02-2011 7:51 AM In reply to

• Vifa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2008
    • Posts 64
    • Bronze Member

Re: Strange Beolink 7000 Behaivoir - suddenly works after we passed new years eve

Today's date is: 2. jan 2011 according to the Beolink

• 01-02-2011 8:05 AM In reply to

I wouldn't be surprised if the Beolink or the receiver you're controlling with it had some kind of a "long range" calendar bug similar to Y2K (remember how the world was going to perish 11 years ago unless you hired enough high rate consultants?), and year 2011 somehow rolls over internally so that the timer works again.

Since the year really has no significance for the operation apart from matching the weekdays to numeric dates, it might be possible to circumvent this problem altogether by setting the date to some year in the past that happens to be the same regarding this as 2011.

Careful with leap years, though - the latest foregone year to completely match 2012 would be 1984, and at least my sw 3.1 BL7000 won't let me go that far back Smile

-mika

• 01-02-2011 9:17 AM In reply to

• Vifa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2008
    • Posts 64
    • Bronze Member

Thanks, I guess you are right tournedos,

I tried to change the date back to december 2009, and some of the problems suddenly occured again. By the way, mine is version 1.3.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)