in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-06-2011 3:18 PM by PhilLondon. 60 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-05-2011 5:11 AM In reply to

• Olof
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 141
    • Bronze Member

No why ?

Last year I renovated my holiday flat and let install a CAT7 based "Masterlink" system. In the living room I have a BeoSound 5 and in the kitchen a vintage BeoLab 2000. It works perfect, I have my homecountry radio stations in each room and/or my favourite CD´s which i copied via iTunes to the BeoMaster5. 

Up till now I dont know any other system, which can combine this digital music with high grade of design.

• 01-05-2011 3:19 PM In reply to

Re: Should B&O get out of the digital media market and concentrate on what they do best?

@ Elephant. Thank you. Feels good when it's appreciated.

The only thing which holds me of purchasing the BS5 is that this way of controlling disappears.

I would rather like to have both options. 

But I'm probably one of a few who only have a BM5. So the chances that B&O changes this, is unfortunatelly probably zero.

• 01-05-2011 9:48 PM In reply to

Re: Should B&O get out of the digital media market and concentrate on what they do best?

Beobuddy:

@ Elephant. Thank you. Feels good when it's appreciated.

The only thing which holds me of purchasing the BS5 is that this way of controlling disappears.

I would rather like to have both options. 

But I'm probably one of a few who only have a BM5. So the chances that B&O changes this, is unfortunatelly probably zero.

Probably I am wrong but you could have both features with the new BS5 encore since it does not need to be connected to a Beomaster 5

• 01-06-2011 1:57 PM In reply to

Beobuddy:

I do also only have a BM5, actually, I am the only customer at my dealer who only have the BM5, so there are only a very few out there of us :)
    I would also like to keep the navigation option on my TV's. 

I kind of liked the idea of combining BM5 with the Encore, wonder if B&O have thought about that? Encore must be masterlink enabled first before I would consider it.
    Going to be interesting to see what is going to happen in 2011 in the digital area at B&O.

There is something about B&O.....

• 01-06-2011 2:22 PM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

beolion:
    Encore must be masterlink enabled first before I would consider it.

From what I understand, it doesn't have Masterlink.

I don't know for real, as it's from gleaming this and other forums, so it's pretty much based on rumours and murmurs.

• 01-06-2011 2:26 PM In reply to

Electrified:
    From what I understand, it doesn't have Masterlink.

I'd really like to see what the new CAT7 Beonet is going to be like in term of features, and how they are going to interface it with the "old" MasterLink.

P.

• 01-06-2011 2:29 PM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

PhilLondon:

I'd really like to see what the new CAT7 Beonet is going to be like in term of features, and how they are going to interface it with the "old" MasterLink.

P.

Yup, me too. Perhaps it can be done wirelessly with an adaptor or two.

• 01-06-2011 2:54 PM In reply to

Last I heard, the adaptor will surface toward the end of summer/early autumn.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-06-2011 2:57 PM In reply to

What price must we think for the Encore

• 01-06-2011 3:11 PM In reply to

About half BeoSound 5. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-06-2011 3:18 PM In reply to

Trip, I suppose you mean half of BS5+BM5, otherwise that'll be too good to be true!

Do you know if it'll just do music, of if it'll have some multimedia capabilities (video, photos), like the BM5.

I also guess, that it will be a product reserved for people do not have a system currently due to the impossibility to integrate it, until they come up with the ML-Beonet converter.

Philippe

Page 3 of 3 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3