in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-31-2011 12:02 AM by TheMajor. 32 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2010 11:33 AM In reply to

Re: Is the Beosystem 7000 still a good buy?

The Beomaster can have a sticking speaker 1 relay. They are perfectly easy to test with a pair of headphones! At 150 (? $ or £) it will be a bargain.

• 12-28-2010 11:37 AM In reply to

TheMajor:

Are there any common problems with the Beomasters and Beograms?

Definitely - but I don't think it is worth it to enumerate them beforehand as it will be a longish list, most of which will probably not apply. If you can get them locally at that price and they power up (hopefully to show more than just the standby dot), I think you should just grab them and worry about faults later! All you could lose is the 150 quid and the faults would probably all be repairable.

No life at all would be more worrysome - it could be anything from a blown fuse to extensive lightning damage and a total writeoff except for mechanical parts.

-mika

• 12-28-2010 11:52 AM In reply to

Bentleyman:

Bentleyman:

Apologies, my pictures are of ludicrous proportions - I dont know how to resize them! Confused

Can anyone tell me how to resize pictures posted in here, so that they are the correct size for the page..?

Thanks.

In this case when you are using the 'insert/edit image' function (I think?), you could just fill in the new h x v sizes in the 'dimensions' box.

However, this won't cut down a bit the amount of data a viewer needs to download to see them, so they will remain just as slow to load. The preferred way would be to use pictures that have been scaled down beforehand in some image processing app. If you keep the horizontal size to 700 pixels or so, that highly annoying horizontal scroll bar won't be needed (and won't appear).

Now matter how many megagigapixels a digital camera might have, the images will usually only benefit from scaling down by 1:2 - 1:4 or so...

That was a great looking setup in any case, so thanks for posting Smile

-mika

• 12-28-2010 11:53 AM In reply to

Sorry it is an auction. The are 21,000yen and finishes tomorrow night. I have a bit of spare cash and I think I will put 50,000 in and home for the best but it seems in good condition.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Beosystem 7000/6500- Beolab 4000 - Beosound 1 - A8 - Earset 3 - Beo4

• 12-28-2010 1:49 PM In reply to

Looks very good - best of luck!

• 12-29-2010 10:37 AM In reply to

I didn't win the auction. The guy wouldn't answer my questions and it put me off.

I just found out that the shipping costs from the UK is 95 pound for the Beomaster alone. I may have to buy something new for safety and easy of mind. Buying and shipping the Beogram and Beomaster will cost me about 100,000¥. I am thinking about the beosound 4 at the moment. Sell my home cinema amp and 3rd beolab 4000.

• 12-29-2010 2:33 PM In reply to

tournedos:

Bentleyman:

Bentleyman:

Apologies, my pictures are of ludicrous proportions - I dont know how to resize them! Confused

Can anyone tell me how to resize pictures posted in here, so that they are the correct size for the page..?

Thanks.

In this case when you are using the 'insert/edit image' function (I think?), you could just fill in the new h x v sizes in the 'dimensions' box.

However, this won't cut down a bit the amount of data a viewer needs to download to see them, so they will remain just as slow to load. The preferred way would be to use pictures that have been scaled down beforehand in some image processing app. If you keep the horizontal size to 700 pixels or so, that highly annoying horizontal scroll bar won't be needed (and won't appear).

Now matter how many megagigapixels a digital camera might have, the images will usually only benefit from scaling down by 1:2 - 1:4 or so...

That was a great looking setup in any case, so thanks for posting Smile

Thanks for your help Tournedos,

Just trying to post a picture using the 700 dimensions you mention. Problem is two fold, in that I wouldnt have a clue about using the number 700 if you hadnt told me, and secondly, I cant see what the post will look like prior to posting.

Hope putting the 700 height & width is the answer. Thanks.

Michael

Michael

BV5, BV Avant, MX4000, MX1500

BS 7000, BS 5500

Penta III, Penta II, BL 4000, RL 60.2,  RL 35, CX-100 Alu

BL 7000, MCP6500, MCP5500,  BL 5000,  Beo4 (x2), BL 1000 (x2)

• 01-31-2011 12:02 AM In reply to

I thought I would offer my conclusion to this thread for people looking in the future.

I bought a Beomaster 7000 and Beogram CD 6500. I have been using them about 2 weeks now and I am in love with them. The sounds is just fantastic. I listened to a beosound 3200 with beolab 4000s in store and my beolab 4000 (mk1) with the beosystem sounds better. It is just a fantastic system. The quality of sound reproduction from the system truely surprised me and I will be looking for a beocord 7000 and beogram CD 7000 (I will run 2 CDs players (I have never owned a record before and won't be starting anytime soon)).

Special thank yous to Alex and Bentleyman for their advice over the past month or so. Now beolab 4000 stands or not?!

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2