in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-16-2011 8:20 AM by Kokomo. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-23-2010 4:26 PM

UnityRemote, universal remote for iPhone, compatible with Bang and Olufsen

I have just discovered this new UnityRemote today. It is an app plus a device that turns your iPhone into a universal remote.

The device is connected to the iPhone via bluetooth, so you do not need a dongle connected to your phone. You just place the device somewhere in the room and it transforms the bluetooth signal into IR signals to control any IR device.

I do not have the device, but the App is available for free on the iPhone, and Bang&Olufsen is available in the list of IR codes! Hurray!

• 12-24-2010 9:22 AM In reply to

Re: UnityRemote, universal remote for iPhone, compatible with Bang and Olufsen

Hi Phil,

thank you for the info!

I have downloaded the free app on my IPod touch, but it crashes in the demo mode every few minutes. I think it´s because of IOS 4.2.1 on my IPod, which is not officially supported yet.

I also don´t believe it will work fine with the whole B&O equipment, so I will not purchase the device.

Although it will only work as one way remote, the idea is brilliant, espacially the customers can program the app by themselves. B&O should also offer such a device for use with the Beolink app (without Masterlink Gateway), but I don´t think they will do so. If B&O would bring out such a device for their Beolink app with bluetooth for one-way remote or with WiFi for two-way remote, nobody would need a Beo 6 anymore!

I wish you a happy christmas!

Räuber

• 12-24-2010 11:01 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Phil, great idea and the first of many such apps in the future I think.

Agree with Rauber that B&O should embrace this concept and launch one themselves that doesn't need the MLG to function.

• 02-01-2011 10:25 AM In reply to

• pehre
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

I can not find any confirmation, that the Gear4 unity remote is working with Bang&Olufson equipment. Do you have any confirmation?

• 02-01-2011 10:29 AM In reply to

Download the free app and run the demo mode. I remember seeing B&O références.
  • 02-07-2011 4:21 AM In reply to

• pehre
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 41
    • Bronze Member

O have ordered it and its works with my Ouverture. Ilittle difficult to install.

• 12-16-2011 4:50 AM In reply to

Hi there, 

is there any new information 'bout interacting with B&O? 
    B&O should now open up! Every new TV, DVD or Bluray device can be fully controlled with the iPhone.  

Best regards
    Joe 

B&O equipped ;-)

• 12-16-2011 6:05 AM In reply to

• Padrig
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-16-2008
    • Bakhuizen, NL
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

Hi Guys,

I dont know if anyone have noticed, but Bang & Olufsen them selves have an app for iPhone and Android Phones.

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/beolink-iphone-android-app

Cymru am Byth

• 12-16-2011 6:59 AM In reply to

Yes, that's true. 
    The application is now about 1 year or even more in the App-Store, but unfortunatelly you have to own a Master Link Gateway, which costs about 2000,- Euros!!

And there is much trouble with the iPhone handling and controlling.

B&O has released a "Workaround solution" for this problem:

"Bang&Olufsen recommend to use the Beo4, Beo5 or Beo6"  ...  thats the answer when you ask B&O for help, AFTER you spend that much money in a solution! Crazy, isnt it?

Best regards
    joe 

B&O equipped ;-)

• 12-16-2011 8:20 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Padrig:

Hi Guys,

I dont know if anyone have noticed, but Bang & Olufsen them selves have an app for iPhone and Android Phones.

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/beolink-iphone-android-app

Great, but as has been pointed out, the MLG is still required. One step forward, two steps back!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)