in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-23-2010 1:08 PM by kimchr. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-22-2010 4:33 PM

BV7 Load/Eject from Beo4

How do I open and close the disc tray on my BV7 (MKIII/DVD) from my Beo4? The manual doesn't tell.

I know I can press the dvd button to load a disc from an open tray? But it also shifts to DVD. I just want the tray to close an stay on TV or whatever I'm watching.  

And also how do I eject the tray? I think I have accidentially pressed something on the Beo4, that made the tray eject. But I can't figure out what I did.

• 12-22-2010 4:58 PM In reply to

Re: BV7 Load/Eject from Beo4

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible... Apart from closing the tray when you select the source, I believe no B&O products ever facilitated operating a tray over the remote.

If you leave the tray open, won't it close by itself if you just wait a while?

-mika

• 12-22-2010 5:02 PM In reply to

If there is no disc inside, press dvd and the red arrow, then the tray opens. Press dvd to close it. If the disc is inside, press dvd, than stop, than red arrow... Works with meSmile

• 12-22-2010 5:05 PM In reply to

Try pressing stop long time.

• 12-22-2010 5:07 PM In reply to

Nothing beats the advice from people who actually own the kit in question! Laughing Hope that works for you as well, kimchr Smile

-mika

• 12-22-2010 5:07 PM In reply to

For some products there is an IR code for opening and closing, but it was never introduced. With Beo5 the function can be programmed, but I don't know if this works for BV7. On the other hand I don't understand the reason for opening the disc tray by remote, you always have to walk to the player to change the disc anyway. So why not push the OPEN button while you are there?

• 12-22-2010 8:03 PM In reply to

The EJECT command works for BV7, I've programmed a button for my Beo5. The eject command is usefull when you tell your wife or child to place a disc in the opened tray Big Smile

/Frank

• 12-23-2010 1:08 PM In reply to

Toralfsens suggestion with the red arrow does not seem to work on my BV7.

The main reason I would like to operate the tray from my Beo4 is that I have a young child and I don't want her to play with the tray. In the DVD service menu I found the option "Block Sensitouce": YES/NO. It blocks the eject/load button next to the tray and makes an alternative highly needed.

If I press DVD with no disc in an open tray, it closes, tries to load the disc and then ejects again asking for a disc!

I have found no way at all to eject neither with or without disc.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)