in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-23-2010 9:15 PM by symmes. 31 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-23-2010 12:58 PM In reply to

Re: Beo6 on B&O's website

Beo6 will use IR just like the Beo5 for all current Beovisions and Beosounds.

In addition it will connect using WIFI to the Beomaster 5 (if they release a software update) and Beosound 5 encore to display the album art and navigate through the music library on the remote itself.

In addition, I am guessing (and hoping) that if you have a MLGW, the Beo6 could connect to it to control the home automation system.

Currently, you can send some commands to the home automation system, but you cannot  get feedback and status.

• 12-23-2010 2:14 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

Harry2008:

I tend to agree with your line of reasoning, although I would love an easier way to make small changes to my BEO5 (mainly adding other logos and adding new channels).

I agree!  Not sure if and when this is coming but it should be an option.  Especially considering many dealers will charge for something like this.

Harry2008:

I also agree that stripping the MGLW is not very likely. On the other hand, the MGLW is only worth its money if you have a lot of domotica in your house. Where I live (The Netherlands) domotica in all its flavours available, however, as far as I can tell, not widespread used. Although this is expected to change for more than 8 years now Erm

So looking at the price of the MGLW, I thought approx. € 2.000, is a lot of money if you do not have the need to integrate it in a custom A/V and domotica solution and just want to have an easy to use interface on gear your are already happen to own. Looking at the latest additions Apple made to there remote application (link) which include multiple audio zones as well it seems, I would love to have a comparable solution for my B&O gear Smile

In the US that's not quite the case.  The company that designs the MLGW and iPhone apps is actually based in the America's.  This is something that was in HUGE demand here for quite a while, and honestly the price point that it came in is quite low considering what it offers.  The alternative before the MLGW was available would run our clients in the tens of thousands in many cases, and didn't work anywhere near as seamlessly.
    The thing to remember is that this piece is designed for integration with home automation systems.  The iPhone app was just a cool little addition!

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 12-23-2010 6:27 PM In reply to

Alex:

This is something that was in HUGE demand here for quite a while, and honestly the price point that it came in is quite low considering what it offers.  The alternative before the MLGW was available would run our clients in the tens of thousands in many cases, and didn't work anywhere near as seamlessly. The thing to remember is that this piece is designed for integration with home automation systems.  The iPhone app was just a cool little addition! 

Alex, this is completely true. I am using a KNX radio-based system myself and looking at the costs of that, the MLGW is indeed not that expensive if ou take into account the functionality offered.

My point however is more that, if you do not need the domotica integration, there is no alternative to use the cool  little additionSmile

• 12-23-2010 6:41 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Where is it made?
  • 12-23-2010 6:47 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Oh please stop! Smile

• 12-23-2010 7:26 PM In reply to

symmes:
    Where is it made?

In Taiwan... China was too expensive! Beer Beer Beer

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 12-23-2010 9:15 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

There was a pilot factory in Greenland but polar bears kept stealing BeoLab 9s.
Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2