in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-20-2010 1:11 PM by Stan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-20-2010 10:07 AM

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

IR "blaster" for BV8?

I have my BV8 installed in a cabinet that blocks the ir receiver from one the seating areas in the room.  Is there any IR blaster-type product that allows one to install a remote IR receiver for the TV that would pass commands to the TV?  These exist for "normal" A/V equipment... but I'm guessing they probably don't support B&O's frequencies.

If I were to find such a product, I asssume I would have to completely cover the IR receiver on the BV8 so that it doesn't get 2 commands when I press the remote from a seating position that can reach the the IR reciever.  However, I think the light sensor is incorporated in the same area so it might be difficult to cover the IR receiver without impacting the automatic adjustment to room light.

Is there a way to short-cut STB commands....  for example, for my STB, when I press "menu", it shows, for example, "6.  Page up".  Is the only method to do a "page up" is to press "menu + 6" (ok, I also know I can press "menu", then down arrow repeatedly until I get to "6. Page up")?  I believe it's only the colored keys that can directly control without pressing menu first, correct?  Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything here...

Thanks in advance,

Stan

• 12-20-2010 10:30 AM In reply to

Re: IR "blaster" for BV8?

I´m interested to hear what type of cabinet you use, to be able to block the IR signal. Normally the IR signal from Beo4 is very strong and the receiver very sensitive.

Regarding the STB commands, you are stuck with what B&O have programmed for the concerned STB. You can e.g. press "GO" "6", instead of "MENU" and stepping down to 6 and then press "GO".

It saves you some time, but you need to remember what is in the menu. Smile

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 12-20-2010 1:11 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: IR "blaster" for BV8?

Thanks for making me re-test this.  My son told me about the problem... I just tried the same thing, and, yes, the remote works fine.

I believe the root problem is that when the TV first turns on, it is not very responsive to the remote.  He tried changing channels from the bad seat and it didn't work so he figured it was because the IR sensor is blocked by the cabinet.  The tech blamed the IR problems on the enclosure (the opening is not as wide as the TV so some of the frame is hidden)... as some of the light from the screen must be reflecting back into the IR receiver and overwhelming it... until everything warms up adequately, then it all works fine.  I've thought about applying some type of non-reflective/IR absorbing coating (if it can be found) to the inside of the cabinet, but then, this would probably hurt the IR reception from bad angles...

However, being limited to the commands in the PUC will probably keep me with my custom programmed Beo5 vs. integrating through the TV and hiding the cable box.

Stan

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)