in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-17-2011 1:26 PM by nmartin771. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-20-2010 4:08 AM

STB ?

Hello Smile

Do anybody know how to check weather I have STB Controller on my BeoCenter 1 ?

Thanks

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 12-20-2010 9:54 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Re: STB ?

Ho Ho Niko!

Never had a BC1 but shouldn't the sat list appear when you allocate the scart to SAT via setup or something? If so it would show the presence of STB. Also the sticker on the back, also the little IR connector hole in the back casing too.

No doubt all wrong but someone will correct me.

In case you don't grace us with your company on Wesdnesday - Merry (our) Christmas to you and Svet. Keep warm in Novi Sad while you wait for your Christmas to turn up in January.Gift

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 12-20-2010 10:02 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

To the best of my recollections, the BeoCentre1 came with STBc as standard. As Stonk suggests, if you have a 3.5mm jack socket in the rear socket compartment you should have the STBc function.

If you go into the set up menu and configure one of your scart sockets as STB(sat) you should see a list of boxes that the inbuilt software can control. If the box you want isn't one the list it may be possible to order an eprom with a newer list of boxes.

Opman

• 12-20-2010 3:35 PM In reply to

Hello my half former Yugoslavian friend Wink

Thank you for your nice wishes, I'll try to make it on wed@ :) I'm not happy coos I can't find easily wed@ ....

I don't have 3.5mm jack on the back but I have this small whole, I suppose that's it ... Svet is watching movie now, so it is not very cleaver to check on the menu Smile

I'll check it and inform you weather I found something or not ...

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 12-20-2010 3:53 PM In reply to

Long live TV comercials Smile

I found STB list on one scart Geeked

Thank you STONK and Opman !

STONK mary Christmas for you and your lovely wife and dother Gift

Say big hello for tham

• 12-21-2010 7:33 AM In reply to

Hi Nikola!

Make sure you get to the before Christmas wed© tomorrow! 

Your IR-out looks empty... Shouldn't it be a mini-jack connector in it?

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-16-2011 5:42 PM In reply to

I found at my menu STB list of devices, and as I thought device that my provider offer is not on the list.

Do anybody knows how I can update list ?

• 01-16-2011 6:09 PM In reply to

nmartin771:

I found at my menu STB list of devices, and as I thought device that my provider offer is not on the list.

Do anybody knows how I can update list ?

Hi Niko,

Andreas is right. I just looked at the back of my BC1 and there is a metal jack point in the space shown on your picture.

If you do find that you have an IR blaster connection, then it might be cheaper to find a suitable box already in the list (if satellite) and buy the box rather than have the Chip /PUC updated. Is the service that you want a satellite service that you can get using a different set top box?

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 01-16-2011 7:03 PM In reply to

Thanks Viking Smile glad to see you Smile

I don't understand, I have IR out but it's empty ... ?? Do I need to buy something extra, or I can use it like this ?

Yes, I want to get STB from my provider in order to be able to watch iptv ...

• 01-16-2011 7:11 PM In reply to

Hi Nikola,

Its hard to tell from the picture but it im pretty sure its the silver socket to the side,not the smaller empty hole, you will need the IR cable out of that socket to the Set Top box

jason

• 01-17-2011 5:12 AM In reply to

Iconic-AV:

Hi Nikola,

Its hard to tell from the picture but it im pretty sure its the silver socket to the side,not the smaller empty hole, you will need the IR cable out of that socket to the Set Top box

I agree Jason. The socket is side-on to the right of the photo and clearly visible. (Label and empty hole rather misleading.)

As mentioned in another thread, it's sometimes possible to see what common codes there are between STBs by looking at the Lintronic website, and then picking a box from the menu with some similar controls.

If B&O have a later chip with Nikola's box on it then a change over might be straight-forward as a DIY job but I have my doubts. Looking at Keith's threads on this topic it looks like one of those jobs that's very straightforward once you've done it once, but the first time might be full of risk!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 01-17-2011 1:26 PM In reply to

Hello Jay ! Long time no see ... I hope you are ok Smile

You and Graham are 100% right, this thing I thought at first place is some strange screw is actually 3,5 socket Smile

Now I have everything except information weather I can use some STB from my list ... I will cheek it with my provider and let you know.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)