in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-18-2010 5:31 AM by koning. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-17-2010 11:44 AM

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Boxee Box

Hi Guys,

I dont know if anyone has seen the Boxee Box but it looks like a great little media player. I have a hacked Apple TV with the Boxee program on at the moment but it struggles with HD content and apparently the Boxee Box itself can handle it like a dream so I am really tempted to get one as I love the interface. My problem is however that I dont think there is any PUC control for it. I can control my Apple TV with my Beo5 which I love but wondered if anyone knew for a PUC for the Boxee Box. Also will STB make a bracket for this as it is a rather odd shape!

Cheers

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

• 12-17-2010 4:10 PM In reply to

Re: Boxee Box

I too have ATV1 hacked with Boxee, however, I don't even try doing video. Pandora is the only app I use on it. I'm curious also about the Boxee box, though reviews are somewhat mixed. I doubt that B&O has the Boxeee Box in their PUC and it's hard to imagine they will any time soon. If (remote) integration is important to you (it is to me), you may want to add Lintronic to your system. It will allow you to control anything with a Beo4, though with the Beo5 you have now, you should be able to control Boxee w/o a problem.

Boxee Box will be light years better than Boxee on ATV1 I know, but I'd be interested in hearing your opinion of the Box once/if you get it.

• 12-17-2010 4:19 PM In reply to

How many mediaplayers are in the puc this moment?

• 12-17-2010 6:14 PM In reply to

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

I know there is the apple tv obviously, a couple of TVIX boxes, Kaleidescape, the Sony network media player and a couple of others I think but I think this would be a great one as it has such a nice interface.

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

• 12-18-2010 3:31 AM In reply to

And what about....X-streamer Dune Qnap A.C o'Rean Mede8er E great enz enz

• 12-18-2010 4:42 AM In reply to

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand your response? Are you saying that there are so many media players that B&O would therefore not choose this one?

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

• 12-18-2010 5:31 AM In reply to

Yes.

Mediaplayers are very popular at this moment.

I was hoping that B&O put more brands of mediaplayers in there puc control.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)