in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-15-2010 2:59 PM by Graham1982. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-15-2010 2:59 PM

Sky HD and Beo 4

Hi all:

Apologies if this has been covered before. However, not being familiar with this aspect of B&O/Beo4 I would like to get the following clarified:

I would like to control my Sky HD service (latest Amstrad box) with the Beo 4. In a typically *** upwards scenario for which I am famous the Sky Box is not connected directly to either my 96 Avant or my 2004 Beovision 1. Instead, I have the decoder under the sofa connected to a slingbox and this serves a computer which is attached to my Beovison 1. This is due in large part to the fact that the Sky engineer didn't leave enough cable for me to put the decoder next to either TV and also because I prefer to watch television in the bedroom.

Because my flat is quite small I think my Beo 4 has sufficient range to reach the decoder where it is under the sofa from my bedroom without extra "eyes" etc. However, I am not averse to buying one if necessary. I would prefer that the remote interfaced directly with the decoder rather than via a cable to the TV as I don't really want to have to do a software update.

Is there a way to do this? I have heard of something called a lintronic but maybe getting confused with light dimmers.

Thanks

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)