in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-15-2010 6:00 PM by macjonny1. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-14-2010 2:40 PM

• rabble
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-13-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 75
    • Bronze Member

Beolab 5000 system add a remote volume control

Hi,

I am still trying to add a remote volume control to the Beolab 5000 System.

If  I connect this device, does anyone know if the quality will suffer?

It almost looks like it is to be connected in the same way as an equalizer via the tape in out ? 

http://www.audioplex.com/RCLL1%20revised.pdf

I plan to add a Sonos system that will connect to the aux input but I would still like to use the Tuner and Record player and still have the capability of remote volume control.

Andrew

• 12-14-2010 2:51 PM In reply to

Re: Beolab 5000 system add a remote volume control

It will work on the source it is attached to - it varies the line level input so it won't work on the record player. I confess to not really knowing why you want to do this. I would get a remote control B&O system so you can control all the sources and the volume. The Beolab 8000 system will actually give you better sound quality in truth. Part of the appeal of the Beolab 5000 system to me at least is the complete manual control - I don't mind getting up to alter the volume. I did have an iPod and dock attached to the Aux and was able to alter the volume by remote with that but have given the dock to my daughter and really just use a limited number of records. Or the radio!

• 12-14-2010 4:14 PM In reply to

• rabble
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-13-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 75
    • Bronze Member

I agree with you fully, the only problem is I don't have separate room for my own toys and unfortunately I need to convince someone that I need this "old stuff" in the living room. Otherwise the 7000 system will probably need to stay 

Cheers

Andrew

• 12-15-2010 6:00 PM In reply to

Well you can set the volume at an acceptable level and then use your sonos controller to select the volume via remote for that source at least....seems that's as good as you can get.  

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)