in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-17-2010 7:01 AM by symmes. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-14-2010 8:08 AM

• MERCATS
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • BEDFORDSHIRE
    • Posts 26
    • Founder

GREAT NEWS

Hi all,

Last night I collected my Beosound 8.  I must admit to being very pleased with it.

We have it in black and silver as it matches all our other B & O and I think looks much nicer.

MERCATS

• 12-14-2010 8:11 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Re: GREAT NEWS

Great news indeed! Enjoy...remember photo's are always welcome!! :)

Durban South Africa

• 12-14-2010 9:03 AM In reply to

Hi Mercats,

Oh my, I'M SO VERY JEALOUS ;)

Do post some pix of it!  I'm hoping to see one in Selfridges, London this Thursday - rather excited!!!

• 12-14-2010 9:23 AM In reply to

hi there used to live in bromham beds before retiring to canary isles

malcolm

• 12-14-2010 11:24 AM In reply to

• jc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 145
    • Bronze Member

Don't want to spoil your party, but when I read a new posting that says "Great news" in written in capitals I expect some great inside news about B&o, not a message like this.

• 12-14-2010 2:47 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

It is great news for Mercat!!! Actually great news to hear that the Beosound 8 is starting to sell and having such a great effect on the buyers!!

Good to have a positive and happy post!!

Durban South Africa

• 12-14-2010 8:09 PM In reply to

I can't believe how well this thing is selling. It can't be kept in stock where I am. I've joked with customers that I now know what it's like to sell "Tickle-me Elmos" (Those outside of the US may not get that reference, but it was a massively popular toy some years back).  

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-15-2010 3:02 AM In reply to

• nezza
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-28-2010
    • Posts 3
    • Gold Member

That's very interesting. Who is buying them - existing customers or beonewbies?

Neil
  • 12-15-2010 5:04 AM In reply to

• 12-15-2010 6:20 AM In reply to

• Tim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 01-07-2008
    • Germany
    • Posts 114
    • Bronze Member

TripEnglish:
    I can't believe how well this thing is selling.

I can believe it, because I wanted one the minute I saw the first pictures. It is a real problem solver for those who do not want or need a Link-speaker (with the wiring/Adapters) or who are fine with a "dock" as a main stereo-system. If I look at my brother and his wife (both doctors) they are totally o.k. with a (horrible sounding btw) iPod dock. I will try to convince them to buy a Beosound 8 on x-mas, when the Beosound 8 will be officially given to my wife.

In fact it is wise move by B&O to create something for the mass-market, they need to make profit to please the shareholders - and with this dock they get a higher visibility and younger customers - especially because it sounds great (for a dock again).

Personally, I believe that the Beo6 will be a huge success too! When the protocoll is "reverse-engineered" this thing will get THE standard-remote for home-cinema owners (think of Beosound 5 for movies). I already can see a software running a PC/Mac that will show Movie covers over Masterlink. When B&O finally will create a great BluRay Player/changer that works with "managed-copies" which can be streamed over Beonet (covers/descriptions shown on Beo6) they really will be back again. With the BV10 they already have an outstanding product.

Sounds like this is the right moment to buy B&O stocks :-)

• 12-15-2010 7:24 AM In reply to

WOW Tim, your wife is very lucky! Totally agree with your comments. The BeoSound 8 is TOTALLY opening my generations eyes and ears to Bang and Olufsen. The fact that is goes hand in hand with Apple is to be praised as this is what B&O's young generation want. Out of interest, you only have to look at BEATS by Dr Dre headphones, their marketing etc - Extremely expensive headphones!

It's also superb to see a 32"BeoVision 10. For me, this is more like it price wise and I want one! Looking forward to seeing both tomorrow in London!

Merry Christmas ALL!!! :)

• 12-15-2010 10:03 AM In reply to

nezza:
    That's very interesting. Who is buying them - existing customers or beonewbies?

Neil

Trip is famous for having high-end custom-install clients ... so perhaps he is actually selling BS8s in quantities of 10 ... one for each room of their "Grand Design" homes

Yes -  thumbs up

said slightly tongue in cheek Laughing

I am happy for Trip and every other dealer, happy for B&O, and happy to those who have been able to get their hands on one

In Australia, being a small market, "we" had to bid for a share of Japan's allocation ..............

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 12-15-2010 10:59 AM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

I have bought one . . .and am an existing customer

I have quite an extensive B&O collection .. .this is just one of those things

i'm buying for the heck of it. . just to have . . .

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 12-17-2010 4:40 AM In reply to

• MERCATS
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • BEDFORDSHIRE
    • Posts 26
    • Founder

Sounds a bit like jealosy to me !!!!

• 12-17-2010 7:01 AM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Where I live, we move the sound by tying beosound 8 to a wagon and dragging through our mobile homes.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)