in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-08-2010 5:19 AM by stotty1111. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-07-2010 6:49 PM

V8000 connections to freeview box and TV

How can I connect a V8000 to an MX7000 and a freeview box (Sony)

Scart 2 on the TV needs to be left free for a DVD player

Can I still control the V8000 and program it throught the TV when connected to the freeview box

I don't have the V8000 with me yet, I'm actually trying to get a second hand one but I need to know if I can make it work in this set up

Any advice is much appreciated   Smile

• 12-08-2010 5:19 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Re: V8000 connections to freeview box and TV

hi

similar problem here when i tried to use an mx7000 with a v8000 and dvd1

the sky box thro the v8000 wouldn't work, maybe a software problem, so 2 options:

1      use a b&o expander at around £200 new

2      v8000 in to av1 on mx then use a scart to rca lead scart at sky/freeview box and rca's into camcorder sockets ---   a little messy in operation as need to fire up vcr from tv with bl1000 etc then enter vcr menu and find the page with camcorder as source select and away it goes , but need to use sky/freeview remote

this works successfully here in france for me , also have a belkin scart source selector between the vcr and sat boxthis has a permanent connection on one of the input sockets which is overridden when another source plugged into the uniy is activated in my case french freeview when that source is switched off the original sky/freesat drops back in

As previously a little lumpy i operation so to speak but it does work well!

hope this helps

more info contact me

salut

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 12-08-2010 9:19 AM In reply to

Any advice? Sad

• 12-08-2010 9:53 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

It's a long time since I've set up a BeoCord V8000. From memory I think that you can leave the V8000 connected to the TV and then connect the scart from the Freeview box to the decoder scart socket of the VCR. I seem to have a vague recollection of having to go into the VCR service menu to allow this set up.

Sorry I can't be more specific. Good luck.

Opman

• 12-08-2010 9:56 AM In reply to

Thanks Opman, you've been helpful Smile

Bruno

• 12-08-2010 10:56 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

had probs when i tried this as the vcr would not pass the sat signal forward to the tv - must be a sw prob in the vcr as the tv is one of the last batch produced

2 solutions

1 use a b&o expander box

2 use a scart to rca lead from the vcr to the sat/freeview box rca's into the camcorder input ont he vcr -  a l;ittle messy operationally as you will need to boot the vcr then in to menu and settings area, select camcorder and it should work - mine system does

a tweak to this is a belkin scart switcher between the sat box and the vcr, it switches input signal from a sort of permanently on input tto a just switched on source and drops back when that source is switched off

i hope this makes sense , more info pm me as i've had grat problems getting this reply on to the forum don't know if its moderation or or something else

salut tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 12-08-2010 6:01 PM In reply to

You have a pm stotty1111

I'll check the connections as soon as I receive the V8000

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)