in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-08-2010 1:24 PM by DoubleU. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-07-2010 5:03 PM

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

Loss of DVD sound on 28 DVD Avant

My parents have lost the sound when playing a DVD on their 28 DVD Avant. The sound is fine when watching normal/digital TV (so speakers are OK), but only silence when a DVD is played. Picture wise the DVD is fine.

Could this be the beginning of the end for the DVD mech? or have they fiddled with an option somewhere? (I had a look in the menu but couldn't see one, or understand what use such an option would be).

Thanks

Ian

• 12-07-2010 7:41 PM In reply to

Re: Loss of DVD sound on 28 DVD Avant

This sounds silly, but have you tried pushing the Scart cables in firmly?

This happened to me once, and the Scart cable had somehow come out slightly from the plug. I pushed it in firmly and it was back to normal...

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 12-08-2010 3:18 AM In reply to

I agree with the Scart comment.  Especially if the viewing angle is changed when the TV comes on.  On my set, the Scart lead used to get flexed when the TV moved on the stand.  This loosened it and the result was similar to your problem.  One of the pins bent and wouldn't seat properly so I had to replace the Scart lead - problem solved.

Dave.

Am I ready? I was born ready!

• 12-08-2010 1:24 PM In reply to

Guys, it's an Avant DVD. There is no scart used. Besides that, the sound is via spdif connected inside the Avant.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)