in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-05-2010 7:55 PM by beoguy. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-05-2010 10:08 AM

Beogram 1000 questions...

I've started working on the BG 1000 that is installed in the Beomaster 1200 RG I have.  My question would be is the turntable meant to be screwed down solid to the wooden platform? 

Also...I seem to have trouble with records skipping.  I did download the service manual and attempted to adjust the tone arm as described (the counter balance and such).  The problem is I can't loosen the small screw (its stripped) to move the counter balance forward.  So I've compansated by just moving the numbered scale weight forward to where it seems to not skip as much.  Still skips infrequently.

Guy

• 12-05-2010 12:27 PM In reply to

Re: Beogram 1000 questions...

The deck should float on springs!Release the screws fully so  you can push the deck down against spring pressure.You should'nt need to adjust the counterweight sleeve,the arm is probably skipping due to vibration from the speakers,as the deck is not isolated?

• 12-05-2010 7:55 PM In reply to

Re: Beogram 1000 questions...

Smile

You are so right!  I pulled up the turntable and to my surprize, where there should be 2 springs (one on each side) the previous owner has removed them!  Who knows why.  Anyways I decided to silicone sticky nubs in each corner, to see what would happen.  Well, no more skipping!

Thank you!  Now I'll have to post over in the "Wanted" section to see if anyone has those springs for sale!

Guy

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)