in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-05-2010 6:16 PM by Alex. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-05-2010 9:06 AM

• Lex Lance
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-05-2010
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 74
    • Bronze Member

Electro voice speakers w/ B&O

Hi everyone,

I have picked up some electro voice interface D speakers. I hear they are incredibly powerful 400w I believe. Does anyone know much about them, will they work with 6000 quad, how much are they worth etc..

Any info would be good.

Lex
  • 12-05-2010 6:16 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: Electro voice speakers w/ B&O

Having had a quick read-up online, it seems they should come with their own specific EQ. Because of their design type (6th order bandpass), you risk damaging the bass drivers if used without their appropriate EQ unit which stops all sounds below a certain frequency from getting to the bass driver.

As far as suitability with the 6000 quad goes, the amp itself should be fine as bandpass speakers tend to be incredibly efficient, meaning you don't have to give them much power in order to kick out a fair amount of sound, and are generally very well behaved in terms of impedance. However, your amplifier will need an EQ loop-through, and not knowing the 6000 quad at all in person, couldn't tell you if it has the right connections to run the EQ which you need with your EVs...

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)