in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-05-2010 12:23 AM by Niels. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-04-2010 4:21 AM

• Niels
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-04-2010
    • California, USA
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Malfunctioning Beomaster 8000

Greetings,

I'm a B&O enthusiast, ever since I inherited my Danish father's old Beocords, Beograms, and Beomaster 8000. They all still work properly, except the Beomaster 8000.

The problem is the Beomaster will not turn on. When it's plugged in, I can see a very small red dot in the center of the display, which I'm assuming is the standby light, but upon pressing the power button, nothing happens. I recently took it to a B&O store who sent it off to an authorized repair shop, only to have them tell me it could not be fixed because there were no parts available. B&O did not give me a detailed explanation of what exactly was wrong with it, but I'm eager to find out and get it repaired. Does anybody here know what the issue is? It's difficult for me to locate one for sale, but the particular one I've had is the one I grew up with. My father bought it new when I was a child, and I would play with it every day, much to his disdain. I still have the original manual and Beoterminal remote. I'm determined to get this one fixed, but I have no experience servicing electronics whatsoever, so I wouldn't know who to bring it to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Niels

• 12-04-2010 4:42 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Malfunctioning Beomaster 8000

Welcome to Beoworld !

The "parts are no longer available" excuse is something we've heard many times.
    Some parts may be harder to find than others but that's about as hard as it is.
    The Beomaster 8000 is not a rare unit and, apart from the processors, it's basically
    built using components that are still generally available.

Will it power on if you use the remote ?

Martin

• 12-05-2010 12:23 AM In reply to

• Niels
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-04-2010
    • California, USA
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Re: Malfunctioning Beomaster 8000

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response.

The Beomaster does not turn on when I use the remote, but I'm not completely sure the remote works, either. I just replaced the battery in it, so I know that isn't the issue. However when I plugged in the Beomaster today, the small red standby light did not come on, so I'm pretty sure whatever the problem is might have gotten worse, but I don't know much at all about how these machines work. Last time I plugged it in, about two months ago, the standby light came on, but now it doesn't. It had been put in storage around 1995 because it just stopped turning on, and it was just taken back out earlier this year, so I'm hoping it isn't a major issue.

Niels

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)