in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-15-2011 8:20 AM by Flappo. 50 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-30-2010 6:33 PM In reply to

Re: ATV Black - Avant, simple question

Hello tgt365,

did you try to record a rented video from the ATV 2 with a harddisk recorder (p.e. DVD2, HDR2) connected to the Avant? I think it should work with the LinkStyle HD video converter. If so, I would buy this converter and a second ATV 2 for my old lovely Avant with DVD2.

At the moment I have connected an ATV 2 to my BV 10-40 via HDMI. I can´t make any records from ATV 2 with my HDR2 because of HDCP.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards

Räuber

• 12-31-2010 2:23 AM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

No. The only recordings that I make are on the DVR from regular cable listings. I only use the DVD1 and the ATV2 for viewing.  Sorry I am not able to help you with your question.

• 12-31-2010 3:06 AM In reply to

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Hi Guys,

tgt365:  it seems you found a good converter there, and also the price is very reasonable compared to what I have found so far. You say the audio is perfectly in sync, but what about the video, can you see any distortion at all or like a thin "filter" on top of the picture or is it as crystal clear as when watching a DVD fx ?
    Also, what kind of Avant is it?..is it the one with RealFlat 100hz ( similar to my BV3-32)
    Just curious before I order the converter from Germany, as it doesnt seem to be available here in Scandinavia.

TripEnglish. Thanks for the tips! The WD Live Hub seems to be a great alternative, even the user interface looks stylish which is rare for most of these boxes..
    In my case, I am after the AirPlay compatibility though and also the possibilitiy of installing apps on IOS with the new ATV2 which is not possible with the old version.
    So far, I havent seen any video player, or DVD /Blu-Ray with AirPlay yet, only DNLA, which I havent really found realiable and not very Mac friendly...

Räuber: Let us know if you succed in recording video from the ATV, that would be a great feature!

Happy new year to you all!

/Peter

• 12-31-2010 5:42 AM In reply to

Hi Guys,

if the converter works fine, it would offer some other features:

Using the ATV 2 in link rooms, if it's connected to an Avant or a Beovision in main room.

Recordings from ATV 2 with a Beovision and a harddisk recorder. This should be possible if you use the converter and a HDMI splitter to connect the ATV 2 both to HDMI and Scart at a Beovision.

/Räuber
  • 12-31-2010 6:30 AM In reply to

I can highly recommend anything by Elgato 

I recently bought their eyetv freesat hd box from amazon for £130 , it works brilliantly.

Just connect up to a mac mini then to your tv and you can stream recordings and live tv all round the house , even in hd , to ipads , iphone and apple tv's.

I've got an appletv mk2 connected to a 100" projector and the recordings of the bbc hd streamed stuff looks amazing.

http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainmenu/products/tuner/EyeTV-Sat/product1.en.html

• 12-31-2010 11:45 AM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Peter

My Avant was produced in August 2001, and is a Model 8490 with 60hz.  The aspect ratio is filling the screen left to right without any distortion, with the top and bottom appearing depending on the widescreen format of the film. We did notice that on the movie “Moonstruck” that the left to right seemed to move inward ever so slightly, but the picture was never distorted.

Raeuber

The use of the ATV2 as part of the Masterlink system is what really surprised me the most about this device. Streaming the music through the house via the Avant and Masterlink was an unexpected bonus. We have it running through the SAT input on the Avant and when the TV is on STB (TV) or DVD, we can still access ATV2 throughout the entire house on the Masterlink.

• 12-31-2010 12:11 PM In reply to

Hi tgt365,

do you control the ATV 2 from your link room via the Apple Remote App or is a PUC available in your Avant for using Beo4?

/Räuber
  • 12-31-2010 12:49 PM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

There is a PUC in this Avant that says "Apple", but we have not yet attempted this application due to the fact that I need to get another emitter. My local source for the emitter is closed until Jan 3rd. Right now we are using the really cool little Apple remote which is very B&O in look!

• 01-01-2011 7:30 AM In reply to

Hi tgt365,

first I wonna wish you - and all beoworld members - a happy new year!

I have checked my Avant this morning: All three scart sockets are used by Technisat settop-box, DVD2 and the internal VCR. So the only way to connect the ATV 2 via the converter I think would be using the camera socket at the top of the Avant.

Did you try to connect the converter to the camera socket or would you be so kind to test this?

I would control the ATV 2 via the Apple Remote App with my IPod touch, because the camera socket can't be controlled via PUC.

BTW: I think you have a DVD-controller in your Avant. I have only a STB-controller for my Technisat and there is no "Apple" in the PUC list.

Regards

Räuber
  • 01-01-2011 9:02 AM In reply to

Hello Räuber,

What type of Avant do you have?

• 01-01-2011 9:18 AM In reply to

Hello Blackrix,

my Avant is a 32 VCR from the year 1998, Type 84/00.

STB-controller and Dolby-digital module were upgrated later.

/Räuber
  • 01-01-2011 10:05 AM In reply to

With the Avant RF you can also use the Camcorder connection for STB, but I don't think it is possible with the 84/00.....Sad

• 01-01-2011 10:49 AM In reply to

But if I only want to connect the HDMI converter to the camera connection like a camcorder or an IPod, I think it should work (of course without PUC control).

Therefore I asked tgt365 to test this.

/Räuber
  • 01-03-2011 2:47 PM In reply to

@tgt365,

Did you test your converter at the camera socket on top of your Avant?

/Räuber
  • 01-03-2011 6:34 PM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Raeuber:
    @tgt365,

Did you test your converter at the camera socket on top of your Avant?

/Räuber

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Yes, the ATV2 the converter plays perfectly through the sockets on back of the Close Up Operation panel.

• 01-03-2011 6:43 PM In reply to

Hi tgt365,

thank you very much for your effort and your reply!

/Räuber
  • 01-14-2011 8:23 AM In reply to

Hello,

yesterday I received the converter and it works perfect with the ATV 2 and my Avant. Picture quality is very good, like DVD.

I have connected the converter to the camera socket on top of the Avant, because all my three scart sockets are used. This is a very good solution, because the Avant switches automaticly to the camera socket, when I start the ATV with the remote app of my IPod touch.

The converter allows recordings from rented movies with my DVD2. I have only press LIST/RECORD2 on my Beo4. After recording I can burn the movies on a DVD.

I am very happy with this solution, thank you very much for the information, dear tgt365!

Regards

Räuber
  • 01-14-2011 9:30 AM In reply to

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the update, Räuber

Sounds like a neat solution to be able to record like that!
    Just saw a few second hand HDR's here...

Will get one of those converters and a ATV2 for either my BV3 or my AV9000..

/P

• 06-01-2011 12:32 PM In reply to

Thank you so much everyone for the great input and ideas.  The converter I mentioned in my original post did not work as i had not realised there were different types of Scart socket for one reason....stupid!.  I did try and find an equivelant to the converter mentioned by Rauber above but they all appeared to be around £160 in the places i looked in the UK.

I then contacted the company (Deluxe Cable) on the link above and they shipped one to the uk for me in just a couple of days, 54.75 Euros plus 16 euros carriage.  They were very helpful and replied incredibly quickly to any of my questions, great service.

It arrived today and as soon as i connected it to my apple tv black it worked straight away.  brilliant to finally have ATV on my avant. So thank you very much to everyone for their help and to Rauber for finding this solution for me.  Beoworld works another friendly miracle.  Thank you.

My next questions then....

1.  Does anyone have any good ideas for placement of the ATV on the Avant as i will have to have sight of the unit for the remote control?

2. Is it work jailbraking and installing ATV Flash?

I look forward to the usual well thought out opinions.

• 06-02-2011 7:16 AM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

The Avant has an update available that will allow it to control the ATV2 with the B&O remote via IR emitter. My Avant has the update but I have not yet attempted because…………..my 15 year old son is about to jail break the ATV2 which will permit us to get Amazon and Hulu.

We are going to attempt all of this during the weekend so I will post to let you know.

• 06-02-2011 9:21 AM In reply to

PeterG:

1.  Does anyone have any good ideas for placement of the ATV on the Avant as i will have to have sight of the unit for the remote control?

Hi Peter, I think you'll be surprised re: line of sight for the remote control. I installed one for a friend and it fell behind the TV... the remote still worked! Have a try Smile

Regards,
    Cal

• 06-02-2011 5:00 PM In reply to

is there a direct link to the cable he actually bought in the end ?

very interested in this

• 06-03-2011 12:37 AM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Flappo:

is there a direct link to the cable he actually bought in the end ?

very interested in this

Flappo, could you restate your question? I am not sure of what you are asking. Thanks, Karla

• 06-03-2011 7:24 AM In reply to

PeterG very kindly sent me a link to a german site , I managed to find the same thing on ebay 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1080P-HDMI-Composite-HDMI-S-Video-Converter-/270751047362?pt=UK_AudioElectronicsVideo_Video_TelevisionSetTopBoxes&hash=item3f0a051ec2#ht_6029wt_1141

i've ordered one and will report back if it works ok - fingers crossed :)

• 06-09-2011 12:29 PM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

error in my post - wrong thread - sorry

Page 2 of 3 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >