in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-01-2010 12:10 PM by brunetto77. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2010 4:00 AM

Good VHS to a non-B&O tv

Hi guys,

As my grandmother is one of the people still using the VHS frequently, and as her system is living on overtime (the VCR she's using is close to 25 years old), I am trying to see what's in the market from B&O to replace it. (B&O naturally, since they are one of few good VCRs still out there). Any tips on any model that'd work with a non-B&O tv (provided there even IS one)?

• 11-30-2010 8:06 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Re: Good VHS to a non-B&O tv

I think just about any model would work but in a limited way, unless you have a remote.

I still have a Panasonic NV-FS90 and unless I specifically wanted a B&O to match my lx for instance, I would probably choose that every time!

Olly.

• 11-30-2010 8:18 AM In reply to

I agree completely. I have all sorts of B&O VCRs but the only VCR I actually use at present is a Panasonic. I remember my old dealer advising me that although the VX range were excellent, the picture from a good Panasonic was just as good and for a fifth of the price. As most B&O VCRs use the sensor in the TV, using one with a non B&O TV would be tricky. I would get the same make as the TV preferably (if a good brand!) as it may well use the same remote.

The only relatively modern B&O is the V8000 which is a rebadged Philips/Grundig anyway. I do have one of these and it is pretty average.

• 11-30-2010 12:44 PM In reply to

I agree with the others. Panasonic is very good. There's a store near me which is selling them for £19.99  Smile

• 12-01-2010 5:30 AM In reply to

Thanks guys,

I'll look into the Panasonic thingy. Since I don't know where Brunetto lives, I don't know where to find the cheap Panasonic video either. Wink

• 12-01-2010 12:10 PM In reply to

Hi Milton78, here in Edinburgh these Panasonic Vhs are sold by Cash Generator and are new/graded. They come with a warranty and have only a small cosmetic issue . If you have a Cash Generator where you live or nearby you could have a look as they may have them as well.

Bruno Wink

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)