in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-28-2010 1:11 PM by HeKoch. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-27-2010 5:36 PM

Beo4 question on using list button

I have just purchased beo4, have been using beo5 up till then (which I live and use but my partner prefers the beo4). Question I have is I have programmed BV8-40 to have STB as DTV2, which is brought up by the Beo4 List button along with N Music, N Radio etc that I also have in my system. When I go through list and get to DTV2 I press Go (on my control it has a toggle button) and BV8-40 turns on, STB comes on and all works fine. I press off button and all turns off. When I want to turn on again Beo4 hase DTV2 in the screen, I press Go and nothing happens. I then press List a number of times until it eventaully gets back to DTV2, press Go and all works properly. Surely I shouldn't have to press List every time I want DTV2, if it is on screen pressing Go should be enough. I only press one button on Beo5 to get TV and STB on. Any ideas?

• 11-27-2010 5:42 PM In reply to

Re: Beo4 question on using list button

As far as I am aware, that is how the Beo4 works. The same happens with PHONO.

Regards Graham

• 11-28-2010 2:16 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Same here. In my BV7-32 works without having list pressed again but in my 4-42 you have to press list again!!!

I think it has to do with the TV as well but not very sure about it!

Best regards

Spiros

• 11-28-2010 7:04 AM In reply to

joeyboygolf:

As far as I am aware, that is how the Beo4 works. The same happens with PHONO.

Half true -

When you list to PHONO and then press GO, Beo4 sends the actual 'phono' command. Then subsequent GO's will only send the generic 'go' command (PLAY on Beolink 1000).

BUT if you press standby/off, the next GO (while PHONO is still on the display) will again send 'phono' (and from then on again 'go').

I don't have any DTV Beo4s, but the same thing happens with V.TAPE2 so I suppose all listable sources do the same. So I believe Spiros is right and the operation depends on the TV.

When you list away from a source, Beo4 sends some kind of a 'release' command (the same as when STAND times out from the display) so the equipment knows you have done that. If that makes the TV happier with the next DTV2 command it sounds like a software bug to me - but there may be some reason behind this that I just don't get...

-mika

• 11-28-2010 1:11 PM In reply to

• HeKoch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-29-2008
    • VS-Schwenningen /Germany
    • Posts 46
    • Bronze Member

if you want some easement, move the DTV2 at top of your List menue 

Greetings

HeKoch