in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-06-2011 3:42 AM by Michael. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-27-2010 10:30 AM

DELIVERED (Thinking of BV10-40, went to see 2 dealers today, ordered!)

Hi All,

I am in the fortunate position to look for (and buy) a BV10-40.

To me it is by far the best flatscreen tv I have seen, so far I have been very reluctant to get a flatscreen at all.

Before I will turn to the dealer and (hopefully) enjoy the whole process of selecting buying, I do have two questions ...

1) Guarantee

Does B&O supply European guarantee, because I live in Sweden now (I am Dutch) and might go back to the Netherlands or even to Germany within next 2-4 years.

2) Internet TV

For my wife it would be an unique selling point, for the TV, if we could watch TV on the BV10 which is coming via internet (eg. Dutch tv channels), how to make that happen?

Thanks

Ferdinand

BS9000, Beolab 3000, Beocenter 7002, RL60.2, beo4, BV10

• 11-27-2010 1:10 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Re: Thinking of BV10-40, but what about guarantee and internet-tv possibilites

1) http://www.bang-olufsen.com/guarantee-warranty

2) e.g. by connecting the BV10 via VGA<>VGA or HDMI<>DVI + a connection for the sound to a computer ...     

• 11-27-2010 3:53 PM In reply to

Vienna:
    2) e.g. by connecting the BV10 via VGA<>VGA or HDMI<>DVI + a connection for the sound to a computer ...

If all the Dutch programs were on YouTube then you could simply use the new Apple TV.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 12-23-2010 6:02 PM In reply to

Hi All,

I have seen the BV10 at two dealers today. In Malmö and Lund (Sweden) and requested a price quote for BV10-40 with anti reflex panel and floorstand (can't put it on the wall where I live now, neither do I like it that much, but that's personal).

However some questions still remain to decide if I actually should buy the TV yes/no

- what's a DVB-HD module and why is it recommended not to take one (now directly) I have the feeling that I do not need this device but I wanted to check here first.

- picture quality made me a bit uncertain. Standing 4 mtrs from the screen (and even with BV10-32) it seemed to be a bit 'over-digital' and 'granular'. Particularly in Malmö I was negativly surprised by the B&O / Audi demo movie on the TV.Is this settings? What settings should I request when I go for a 2nd demonstration. At the dealer in Lund I have watched normal (Swedish) TV channels.I recall to have seen better picture/screen quality at my former dealer in Roermond (Netherlands).

According to my wife the picture quality on our MX6000 (and previous our Avant 32") is better Unsure ?

.... for now I will be watching at the B&O BV10 poster to get used to the size of the TV and to determine where to place it.

Have a great christmas to you all.

Ferdinand

Filed under: , ,
  • 12-23-2010 6:32 PM In reply to

The picture quality on your MX or avant is NOT better. Simply impossible.

Ask to see a Blue ray movie connected via HDMI, and you'll see the tv's real potential.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 12-23-2010 6:49 PM In reply to

Hi Ferdinand, I have owned the BV10-40 and now have the BV10-46. One of the reasons was of course size, the other has to do with clouding. An issue which could happen on some of the earlier generations of the BV10-40. I do not know if this is still an issue (understood it was solved by a software update and better cooling in the last generation), however you can find a lot of threads on this at the forum. 

Regarding the picture quality, it can partly depend on the quality of the signal the TV is receiving. Over here in cold and currently snow covered NL, I got reasonable quality with a normal analog signal however using the digital signal created a huge improvement and make the screen really stand out.

Regarding the DVB-HD module,  it is in essence a build-in set-top box. Pending where you are living the decoder cards you need to descramble the digital signal are supported or not. I have not bought it and using a separate Humax HD recorder with twin tuners.

For accessing Dutch TV, you can, as you probably know, use "uitzending gemist" however the quality is to low to put that in full-HD mode on your computer. Alternatives you can find at http://www.allekanalen.nl/nederlandse-kanalen.html. When I looked at it, already some time ago, quality was reasonable at most and for the better quality channels you need a subsription.

• 12-24-2010 2:45 AM In reply to

I upgraded my Bv8-40 with the newest DVB HD module as I use satellite. It works fine and picture is better than with former Technisat HD receiver. Just the EPG is poor - has still a SW bug.

If you do not have a STB from your network go for this module and you have all possibilities.

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 12-30-2010 4:41 PM In reply to

All,

I have ordered my BV10-40 mkII yesterday (29/12) w/floorstand.

I want to have a new DVD player connected to it and B&O advise either Pioneer (I know that Thavn in Norway has good experience) or Samsung.

The Samsung model is BDC 7500W is a very slim model that will mounted on the back of the BV10. So no extra cabinets needed to hide the DVD-player. Unfortunately I have not written down the Pioneer number.

If there is any experience or there are recommendations on set-up, please let me know ... early next week I will make my order complete inlcuding colour of the speaker-cover-fabric.Smile

Have a great evening,

Ferdinand

Filed under:
  • 12-30-2010 4:52 PM In reply to

excellent choiceWink

• 12-31-2010 4:46 AM In reply to

Hi!

I use the 10-40 + Samsung BDC7500 mounted at the back of 10-40 using stb brackets. A very nice solution. Just one but: Of course I´m controlling the samsung with Beo4 but IR-codes could be better. I now use codes for bdc 4600. If I use codes for blue ray there are no commands for pause, ff, fast rewind etc. Very irritating. When I use codes for bdc4600 I cannot change source between disc, computer  etc.

regards

• 12-31-2010 5:26 AM In reply to

Ferdinand:

All,

I want to have a new DVD player connected to it and B&O advise either Pioneer (I know that Thavn in Norway has good experience) or Samsung.

The Samsung model is BDC 7500W is a very slim model that will mounted on the back of the BV10. So no extra cabinets needed to hide the DVD-player. Unfortunately I have not written down the Pioneer number.

If there is any experience or there are recommendations on set-up, please let me know ... early next week I will make my order complete inlcuding colour of the speaker-cover-fabric.Smile

Have a great evening,

Ferdinand

Congrats. Enjoy your new television! Yes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 12-31-2010 5:55 AM In reply to

beocool:

Ferdinand:

All,

Have a great evening,

Ferdinand

Congrats. Enjoy your new television! Yes -  thumbs up

Love mine. Given is that the sound is no were near BV5's, but still good enough. 

I'm happy with my choice. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 12-31-2010 12:01 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Ferdinand:

All,

Have a great evening,

Ferdinand

Assuming you got a new Beo4 - 1710 for your BV10 choose a BD/DVD player that can be controled with  a PUC 2.XX, so it`s compatible with the new Beo4 - and Beo5/6.

Stefan

• 04-05-2011 3:39 PM In reply to

Today my BV10-40 has been delivered.

It has taken a bit longer due to production problems of the frame (?), or maybe the dealer wanted to wait and get more orders in. Either way, the TV is here and I got the DVD Blu Ray (Samsung) for free on top of a generous discount back in january.

Most of you know how a BV10 looks like. I want to share two pictures.

1) to show how nice the 'silver' speakerfront is. Not as light coloured as in the brochures, a bit darker and I like it.

2) to show hom nicely the STB and DVD sit on the back and that wires are well hidden.

So far all works pretty well with the Beo4. The Motorola VIP193 has been programmed as 1960 model and I have not yet discovered any issues.

Filed under: , ,
  • 04-05-2011 3:42 PM In reply to

One other comment though, the picture quality is suberb .. much better than seen in the store so yes the quality is better than the MX7000 (see opening post)

• 04-05-2011 8:03 PM In reply to

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I see in the background that you have enough for several toastsDrinksBig SmileBeer

• 04-06-2011 3:42 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Ferdinand:
    I want to share two pictures

Thanks for sharing your photos, it certainly shows such a tidy install and how the blu ray sits on the back - very nice indeed.  Good choice with the silver.

I purchased some BL4000's recently through another guy here in Melbourne and i really like the silver cloth that B&O choose: depending on your room, it can be light or dark - it's quite versatile.

Again, thanks for posting such nice pictures.  Enjoy your tv.

Michael.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)