in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-04-2007 9:25 AM by Keith Saunders. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-01-2007 1:59 AM

• Goldfrog88
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Gold Member

Ick! [+o(] Reset for BeoCom 6000 MKII

I had three MKI BeoCom 6000s and bought three new ones to use the EarSet. After registering them all, the new phones ended up with 1, 5 and 6 as the numbers. Anyway, I gave away the old set of three because of extended ringing in the new phones after accepting a call. But I forgot to deregister the old phones first :-o

I'd like to do a complete reset and start again with just the new phones. Someone mentioned 'dot 7 0 0 0 9 OK' as a reset combo, but the new BeoCom 6000s don't have a dot. Does anyone know the code to reset the MKII version?

Filed under:
  • 07-01-2007 2:57 AM In reply to

• Gerd
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 523
    • Bronze Member

Re: Reset for BeoCom 6000 MKII

Try 9 # 9 # 9 * INT then choose Reset Base.

Note:

Reset Base is a complete restore to factory settings. This includes
    · Reset all EEPROM user system settings in the base to factory default
    · All handsets are deregistered from the base
    · The PIN code is deleted
    · The Phonebook, Caller ID and Redial lists are deleted

Regards Gerd 

• 07-01-2007 5:49 AM In reply to

I suggest you do not do a complete reset otherwise your address book will be lost.

As you now have three Mark II handsets you can de-register the old handsets from one of the new ones, or de-register all of them by doing the following:-

1. Press the centre dial button and turn clockwise until you get to SETTINGS press centre
    2. Turn dial clockwise until you get to BASE the press the centre button.
    3. Turn the dial to REMOVE HANDSET and then press button
    4. Turn the dial to the handset you wish to remove then press centre dial button

Regards Keith....

• 07-03-2007 4:26 AM In reply to

• Goldfrog88
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Gold Member

Thank you all for your thoughts and comments. Keith you gave such clear instructions and I've managed to remove all the 'old' handsets, but had to have a couple of goes on some. Yes, this way the name and phone list stay intact, and I now have them numbered 1, 2 and 3 as they should be.

Much obliged,

Mike 

• 07-03-2007 3:44 PM In reply to

• fish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2007
    • Posts 28
    • Bronze Member

sorry to jump on the posting, but was wondering if anyone knew how to reset a beocom 6000 MKI base ?

unfortunately i reset the handset the other day using the dot 7 0 0 0 9 and now i'm a bit stuck as i can't re-register the handset with the base, it find's the base ok and then says regsitering, but then asks for a pin code, which i thought was 0000, however when i try it i get a *****error***** message.

i'm happy to lose the address book and don't currently have any other handsets registered

thanks in advance

steve fisher

• 07-03-2007 4:40 PM In reply to

Steve,

First let me say that I don't think you need to reset the base.

The error you are getting asking for the pin code is actually a software error in the Mark I version. The base does have a default pincode of 0000 as you stated, but in this situation it is asking for it and giving an error almost certainly because the base thinks you are trying to register a 7th handset which means either a fault has occurred or you had previously registered a handset several times without de-registering them.
    Can you please confirm the following points:-
    1. You only have one handset and have ever had only one handset registered to this base ? if not how many ?
    2. Why did you require to reset the handset ?
    3. Prior to resetting the Handset was everything working correctly ?
    Look forward to your answers, so we can proceed to defining the actual problem and therefore the resolution..

Regards Keith....

• 07-03-2007 5:36 PM In reply to

• fish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2007
    • Posts 28
    • Bronze Member

hi keith, thanks for the reply.

to answer to your questions.

1. the phone was previously used at the office when it had only one handset registered to the base, however what i can't be sure of is if it's had the same handset (or others) previously registered without being de-registered as it was setup for me by someone else who is no longer at the company.

2. i wrongly thought that resetting the handset would clear out all the old config/address book etc as i'm now trying to use the phone at home with the rest of my b&o setup

3. yes as far as i'm aware everything was working fine.

thanks again

steve

• 07-04-2007 2:26 AM In reply to

Steve,

You are in an unfortunate situation because you only have one handset and the base almost certainly thinks you have 6 handsets registered and when you reset the handset it does not de-register the phone from the base, so when you came to try and register the handset again it will not let you because you will have exceeded the number of handsets allowed (6).

I am assuming your handset now says NOT REGISTERED, if that is true, then you will have to power down the base unit and totally remove the power connector and leave it for about 30 minutes, then power it up again and go through the registration process.

If your handset display shows a normal display as if it was registered, yet you know it is not, then go through the de-registration process for a Mark I phone as below:-

1. Press the  black DOT then MENU (7) 
    2. Turn dial clockwise until you get to REMOVE HANDSET the press the centre button.
    3. First handset is displayed then press the centre button to remove that handset.
    4. Repeat above until no handsets are shown registered.

Also, when the unit was used in the office, did you have more than one base unit in use. It is possible to have a phone handset regsitered to up to four (4) base units ?

Look forward to your feedback..

Regards Keith....

• 07-04-2007 4:36 AM In reply to

• fish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2007
    • Posts 28
    • Bronze Member

hi keith,

thanks again for taking the time.

the handset does indeed always say NOT REGISTERED, i followed your instructions and left the base off for an hour and then tried to re-register, it allowed me to put in the pin code (i'm using 0000 as i've no idea what else it may be) and it then said registering, but i then received the usual ****ERROR**** message, as a note i did leave the handset charging last night and when i picked it up this morning the screen was asking for the pin number - if the pin number is wrong when you try and register does it say incorrect pin or does it continue as above?, i'm wondering if perhaps our guy did change the pin number away from the default?

i'm not aware of there being any additional base units at the office and when i first plugged the unit in at home it was showing the usual display with my old work phonebook and i believe at that point all was working fine - i only started to have a problem when i did the hs reset which i thought was the quickest way to reset my address book and switchboard settings etc - which i now know wasn't !

look forward to hearing from you

steve

• 07-04-2007 6:57 AM In reply to

Unforunately it looks like you may have to take a trip to your dealer, they can reset the base for you with a software tool, if you have no handsets registered to the base, I believe this is the only option.  While you are there you may as well get a software update done on both handset & base.
  • 07-04-2007 8:36 AM In reply to

• fish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2007
    • Posts 28
    • Bronze Member

hi keith and others,

thanks for taking the time to reply, i'm not sure what's changed but i tried several times powering off for 1/2 hour and then trying to register the base with no success, then all of a sudden it's asked me to name the handset and accepted the connection?, i've since gone into the menu's and deleted any old/unregistered handsets, of which there were a few, and all seems to be working ok !

as a side note is it worth getting the updates done on the base and handset as advised, ie. are there any benefits ?

thanks again for the help  

steve

• 07-04-2007 9:24 AM In reply to

Not unless you are experiencing problems, if it works leave it as it is.
  • 07-04-2007 9:25 AM In reply to

Steve,

What you describe is not that uncommon and is all a matter of timing.

There is no need to update the base, but I would consider updating the handsets to Mark II versions which gives extra functionality particularly related to CLI (Caller Line Indentification)  There is no offical kit but the parts would cost about £45 per phone. You can see details in other posts I have made recently.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)