in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-25-2010 11:52 AM by SWISS_2. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2010 7:03 AM

Power outage

Can anybody suggest what to check.

I have a BeoVision 10 and a BeoSound 3000 in the lounge and a BeoVision 6 in the bedroom all linked together by Masterlink. 

Yesterday there was a power cut during the day, when I got home the power was back on. 

Turning on the BV10 was OK and the BS3000 was a bit slow to respond to the remote control but did respond after about 1 minute. 

The problem is that the BV6 is not responding to any commands from the remote control.  The standby light is on but that is about all the BV6 does..

Does anybody have any suggestions to coax the BV6 into life?

Thanks

• 11-25-2010 7:09 AM In reply to

Re: Power outage

Unplug them all from mains, wait for a couple of minutes, plug back in. Often the power doesn't come back up cleanly, so it may have left the systems in a confused state.

If that doesn't help, try reprogramming the video/audio/link options.

-mika

• 11-25-2010 7:36 AM In reply to

Thanks mika, I will try that later today.

Regards

Tom

• 11-25-2010 11:52 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Your B&O system is more expensive than most computers, so it might be a wise investment to protect them with a mains (power) surge protector.

Some manufacturers such as Belkin, even offer a assurance guarranty for equipment damages. If you purchase a surge protector with that coverage, save that document and add it to your homeowner's assurance policy file.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)