in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-24-2010 2:50 AM by petermc. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-21-2010 2:08 AM

• petermc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Shepparton, Australia
    • Posts 87
    • Founder

New BV 10

Hi,

I have just got a new BV 10 and have a couple of issues I need to get sorted.

I have a motorised stand that was working but now I cannot get the stand function to work or the tv to even recognise it. When I select 'stand' it now changes the channel! I have tried powering off the tv, turning it off at the power even unplugging the stand, restarting the tv without the stand and then replugging it back in but to no avail.

The second problem is more worrying. I have BL 5's as front speakers and BL 8000's as the rears. The 8000's work fine but the 5's will not make a noise. They are powered and the green indicator turns on when it should but no sound. I have tried swapping the powerlink cables on the 5's and putting the 8000's as the front speakers and the 5's as the rears but nothing. I have also tried disconnecting Masterlink just in case.

Hoping someone can help so I don't have to lug a TV or BL 5's on a 5 hour round trip to the service centre.

Thanks

Peter

Filed under:
  • 11-21-2010 3:52 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: New BV 10

Hi Peter,

I'll assume you know what you're doing and it's all been set up correctly.  

The stand, on a BV7 at least, can do all kinds of internal damage if plugged into the TV whilst the set is switched on.  Not sure if it's the same on the BV10 - but did you unplug and re-plug the stand whilst the TV was powered up?

Disconnecting and re-conecting MasterLink (if you have a housefull of B&O) with everything switched on can also cause older products to throw their rattle out of the pram. I always power everything down in the whole house, do the ML stuff, then switch it all back on at once. Serves me well and saves me time, assuming the owner has PIN codes! Laughing

My tip as a first option - If you can, go into the Service Menu and do a system reset to factory default.  It sounds like your BV10 is getting it's knickers in a twist, as these are multiple (and it would seem unrelated) issues.

As a thought, did you select the speakers correctly in the menu?  Did you do a speaker level test and see if they all hiss.

I wish i was there to have a cold beer and get to the bottom of it for you.. Sad

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-21-2010 5:21 AM In reply to

• petermc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Shepparton, Australia
    • Posts 87
    • Founder

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the response. I'll throw in the beer if you want to come over and get the thing going. I was ready for more than 1 beer after driving 1659 kms over the last 2 days to pick the tv up!

The tv was totally powered off when I attached the stand; there was a fair bit of swearing trying to see and reach the sockets from floor level. The power was the last thing I attached on the TV. The BS9000 was connected with masterlink etc without power as well.

Once all attached everything was powered up though I admit the link rooms (audio only) were still switched on. Everything link wise is working fine and as it always has. At the moment I have disconnected the masterlink from the tv. The 9000 is working fine everywhere.

I have set the speakers up in the tv Sound menu as they should be; 5's at the front & 8000's as rears and no subwoofer. The sound test will only give me sound from the tv speaker and the 8000's. Nothing from the 5's even when  I switched them to rears. I also tried changing the speakers to 9's & 3's in the menu as well. I've changed the powerlink lead as well.

I have also tried turning the tv off at the power for an hour to see if that did anything. So far nothing. As I said the stand did work but not now.

I'll give the tech a call tomorrow - hopefully it will be something simple.

By the way how do you get into the service menu? I know it's not something to muck around with as you can do more damage than good.

Thanks again for your help.

Peter

• 11-21-2010 5:34 AM In reply to

I would download the service manual - you are a gold member so it is is available. There are two service menus - the customer one and the proper one. You will need to enter the real one to reset the TV. I can see that you are sensible and don't want to mess things up! I'd have a quick read of the manual and decide if I was feeling brave and how long the technical chap was going to take!

• 11-21-2010 6:34 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

A couple of things occur to me regarding the beolab 5's.  First confirm that the input switches are set to 'L' and 'r' and NOT 'line'.  This will certainly cause that problem.  Next I would try connecting them directly to the BS-9000 to see if the problem persists.  Finally I am concerned that you might not be using fully wired PL cables, and I think that the BL-5's really, really want the fully wired cables.

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 11-24-2010 2:50 AM In reply to

• petermc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Shepparton, Australia
    • Posts 87
    • Founder

Hi,

Finally got the front BL5's going.

When they were originally connected to the BS9000  I used the original BL5 powerlink cables which were extended by a thick powerlink cable. I replaced the new mk 3 powerlink cable that I had run from the tv with the original extension cable and all is now fine.

Thanks everyone for their input. Much appreciated.

Working on getting the stand going now...

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)