in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-23-2010 4:55 AM by beobeo. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-20-2010 7:29 PM

What colors would you like to see from B&O?

Reading the posts of Beoworlders who have done custom grills and finishes, I thought it would be interesting to start a thread about what colors people would like to see from B&O. Hopefully, someone from B&O might be reading this. 

I, for one, would love to see a copper BeoCom 2 for my kitchen, which has a lot of Mauviel copper cookware.

I would also like to see more items offered in russet.

I always liked the color palette (dark blue, burgundy, and forest green) of the first BeoCom 6000.

I would like to see more colors offered for BeoLab grills. It's certainly much easier to replace a grill when one tires of a color than to replace the aluminum housing of the speaker.

Personally, I'm quite disappointed in the color palette of the new BeoSound 8. Let's hope this is not an indication of the direction B&O is taking.

• 11-20-2010 7:50 PM In reply to

Re: What colors would you like to see from B&O?

Wood. Some of the modern speakers in wood would be outrageous. And I mean real wood, not just some tacky grille job.

-mika

• 11-20-2010 7:59 PM In reply to

a grille replacement in any color would be nice for the beosound 3.  i'm a B&O fret collector (of sorts) and like to change the colors during different seasons but the beosound 3 is always so cold...

BS1 x 2, BS 3, BS4, BS2000 x 3, BS2300, BS4000, BS9000, BL4, BL 4000 x 2, BL8000 x 2, BL2500 x 2, BL2000, Beocom 2, Beocom 6000 x 4, Beocom 1401 x 4, Beocom 1600 x 2, Beocom 2500 x 4, Beotalk 1200, A9 Keyring, Beo4 x 8, Beotime, Bottle Opener

2011 Wish List: BL3500, BL6000, BL5, BL9, active link, BS5, Beo5

• 11-20-2010 8:42 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

The yellows and greens seemed to have faded out. The yellow that comes to my mind is that on the BV3, and I thought it was quite pale Ick!. Maybe B&O isn't quite ready for acid yellow yet Laughing.

The one that always sticks out at me is the light blue BeoLab 6000. No matter what the setting, I would have mine in that light blue. Gorgeous.

I like the direction of the BeoVision 10, the orange is incredible.

Like Lee discovered in his own thread, brown is a home run. I think some more earthy tones could to the products some good. I think some gray clothwork would be pretty neat too.

Evan

• 11-21-2010 3:24 AM In reply to

First of all I think that anything that's made out of metal should look like metal. Perhaps there should be a choice between a mirror or brushed surface, so you can match products from a different era.

The other stuff, plastics and cloth loudspeaker frets should be available in a range of colors. And there should be a match between several products. For instance I can get the orange speaker fret on a Beovison 10, but I can't get it on for instance a Beolab 8002. Seems odd to me.

Personally I would choose my equipment in either black or white, so I have no problem with the current range of colors. That said I really like the chocolate brown speaker frets of Lee's Beolab 9's.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-21-2010 9:40 AM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

B&O needs some bright colours in it's range - blues, oranges, reds - things that make a nice visual statement. I think it has become a very bland looking product - full of dull greys, silvers and dark colours. I think the much maligned BV8 could have been developed in some really funk colours - for the younger market. Instead old salesperson company car black and white - yawn. The colours for the BS8 are horrendous.

• 11-21-2010 10:34 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Dude1:

The colours for the BS8 are horrendous.

I wouldn't say 'horrendous' - just 'inoffensive'...  which to people who like bold colours is, i suppose, horrendous..  Laughing

I really do think a phone call to some major companies would be a great idea. Get the name up there with Gucci, Armani, Prada etc.  Even if not many people go for it, it'll raise the profile of the brand and get column inches in magazines.  Any publicity is good publicity - and B&O really need to open the eyes of their future customers.. the twenty-somethings - who become the more affluent thirty-somethings who spend big bucks on B&O.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-21-2010 10:46 AM In reply to

I would love the orange from the BV10 available for the speaker grilles on the BeoSound 8. Also would love a bright yellow! A don't like pale pastel colours - gotta be bold for me - hey that's the kinda guy i am!

• 11-21-2010 6:19 PM In reply to

heh what about the Burberry colours in a special Limited Edition for the Chavs!!!

or Gucci colours, etc.

In all honesty, it would be nice to see some of the metals in a 'smoke' silver/ gunmetal grey to make them not stand out so much

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 11-21-2010 7:35 PM In reply to

tournedos:

Wood. Some of the modern speakers in wood would be outrageous. And I mean real wood, not just some tacky grille job.

Hmm...I couldn't imagine any of the present line of B&O speakers with wood-trim...Erm
    BL5 or BL9 -where would you put wood on them? It's all covered with fabric and aluminum.
    BL 6000 or 8000 -wood instead of aluminum..? No way!
    BL 4 -no place for any wood.
    BL 3 -then they should make the cabinet in all wood instead of aluminum...i don't think so.

I can not imagine that B&O ever would go back to wood cabinets (btw -it wasn't solid wood anyway). And to cover aluminum or plastic with real wood veneer...No - thumbs down But ofcourse -that's just my opinion Wink

• 11-22-2010 7:57 AM In reply to

Perhaps another limited edition etched finish like B&O did with the BeoCom 2.

• 11-22-2010 9:03 AM In reply to

"Cadbury Brown", Caramel and "ARMY Green" for the fabrics.

I'd like Lamborghini colours (Yellow, Orange, Lima...) for some products as well Cool

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 11-22-2010 9:14 AM In reply to

jldmelb:

heh what about the Burberry colours in a special Limited Edition for the Chavs!!!

or Gucci colours, etc.

Hey, cool!! Laughing

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 11-22-2010 9:48 AM In reply to

xegoon:

jldmelb:

or Gucci colours, etc.

Hey, cool!! Laughing

Nice one....

The wife would love the Gucci one... or maybe a Louis Vuitton

• 11-22-2010 10:51 AM In reply to

The Topic would be more interesting if it's called __What audio Quality would you like to see from B&O___ instead of colors

• 11-23-2010 4:55 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

Lee made an orange Le Mans (I think that's what was called) BL2 that looked gorgeous. I liked the blue fabric in the panel BL5000 loudspeakers, I wonder how that look in BV10.

Amongst all options I agree that brown is probably the color that is more urgently missing from BnO pallette.

Gustavo

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)