in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-08-2010 1:49 PM by Rob. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-20-2010 9:41 AM

• Rob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2009
    • Germany
    • Posts 35
    • Gold Member

Beovision 5 - DVI to Apple?

I am the proud new owner of a BV5:-)... Not seen it yet as just bought on Ebay. So my Avant is replaced. The seller claims its HD-Ready with a DVI input. Any of you with experience to connect an apple tv. I suppose its a simple question of the right cable? Is this going to be difficult or is it a simple issue? Well I hope i made the right decision I am 2.900 Eur poorer but a stunning BV 5 richer.

Rob

Rob

BS9000 Ltd Ed., BV5 HD Ready, AVANT DVD, BL5000, BL8000, BL11, Beovox 2500 Cubes, Beovox 3000

• 11-20-2010 10:03 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 5 - DVI to Apple?

Congrats and a lot of fun with it. 

In terms of the AppleTV I am using it with my BV6 and it was just plugging the HDMI 2 DVI cable. 

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 11-20-2010 10:10 AM In reply to

Depends on the version of Apple TV you have.

The original MKI, with a hard disk, you plug DVI to HDMI, and use the analogue audio out from the apple to the TV.

The new MKII, with no hard disk, also has no analogue out, so I guess you need HDMI to DVI, then use the Optical out for audio, through a convertor to the digi in on BV5.  You won't be able to send this audio to link rooms though if this is a requirement.  There are ways round that using an airport express though

• 11-20-2010 12:17 PM In reply to

• Rob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2009
    • Germany
    • Posts 35
    • Gold Member

No i dont need to link rooms. I was at my local B&O store today and looked at an old BV-9 HD-Ready compared to Full HD and I must say the pic on the HD-Ready was impressive. I hope i am not dissapointed witht he BV5 - time will tell. I think my apple tv is an old one its lurking around in the basement so when I get the tv next week i will try to fire everything up. I did not want to compromise on sound, my Avant connected to 2X BL8000 is awesome - so i suppose that aspect will not dissapoint me.

I cant bring it over my heart to sell my avant though, it was my first B&O purchase, it may move to the bedroom - if i get permission, if not i will donate to a family member.

I suppose whenever one buys something one looks for confirmation that one did the right thing. :-)

Rob

BS9000 Ltd Ed., BV5 HD Ready, AVANT DVD, BL5000, BL8000, BL11, Beovox 2500 Cubes, Beovox 3000

• 11-21-2010 6:37 AM In reply to

I don't think you'll be dissapointed with your BV5. I have the BV5 non HD and I'm really chuffed with the picture! (not as good as my MX8000, but as it is completely different technology you can't really compare) All I know is that my BV5 still outshines many Plasma TVs I see on the high street even now!

Your Apple TV sounds like it will work (the "new" ATV has only been out a couple of months or less and is a little black box, so yours is likely to be one with a built in HDD). As far as using the ATV with your BV5 you should have no problems. The "Apple Remote" setting on the inbuilt BV5 STB controller works the ATV. I'm not sure about HDMI/DVI connection as I have had to use composite via a scart socket.

The BV5 has only one STB controller IR out, so if you plan to control other items such as Freeview Box you need to buy the B&O "Y" splitter and a second IR emitter. The BV5 can only control 2 items. The IR emmitters are colour coded gold & silver and you have to have one of each. The ATV really suits the look of the BV5 and I have mine between the Base Cabinet & the TV.

I love my setup and yours with BL8000's should be great. I use 2 BeoLab Pentas. and listenning to my music collection on the TV/Pentas sounds fantastic.

Stoobie

• 12-08-2010 1:49 PM In reply to

• Rob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2009
    • Germany
    • Posts 35
    • Gold Member

The local B&O team delivered my BV5. Apple TV is up and running through the DVI with two BL5000 and a BL11. The sound is super, the picture beyond my expectations. I am a happy :-)! To get rid of a white stripe on the left i changed the resolution on the Apple to 720p it seems to work. I am glad i decided for the BV 5. Thanks to B&O!

Rob

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)