in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-20-2010 10:24 AM by Russ. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-18-2010 6:55 PM

Best way to connect Beosystem 3 and Beocenter 2?

Hi all B&O gurus,

I'm still trying to figure out how to connect the Beocentre 2 to my new Beosystem 3. Both units are in the same room, and I like to watch DVDs on the BC2 through the BS3 so I can get 5.1 surround.

I've tried connecting using a Masterlink cable, and setting V.OPT (BS3) to 2 and A.OPT (BC2) to 0. Then I can control the BC2 via AV-DVD but unfortunately then it means I get the sound and not the video, as I've read somewhere the ML only transmit sound and not video.

If I plug a SCART cable onto one of the AV ports on BS3 to get a video signal, then how does it work with the ML cable? I can assign the AV port as DVD but then pressing AV-DVD and pressing DVD on the remote are different. If I connect a SCART and Digital COAX into one AV port, how do I set it up so that the BS3 can control the BC2 (and what V.OPT and A.OPT settings should I use?)

Anybody please advice how I should go about in setting this up? Thank you so much in advance!!

Beomud

• 11-19-2010 11:13 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: Best way to connect Beosystem 3 and Beocenter 2?

You MUST connect the BeoCenter 2 to the BeoSystem 3 as BOTH an audio master AND as a DVD player.  MasterLink? Yes.  All AV connections (including the control/IR port) to an AV input on the BS-3? Yes!  Your option settings are correct, and everything else ought to be fine.

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 11-19-2010 5:31 PM In reply to

Thanks Russ!

Following your advice, I've connected the 2 via SCART and Digital COAX to one of BS3's AV ports, as well as the masterlink, and have both V.OPT and A.OPT = 1. Then I set the port up as DVD and it worked wonders!!!

Now if I press DVD, it'll play the DVD via BS3, and if I only want to listen to music (without the screen on), I press AV-CD. Exactly what I wanted!

Thank you so much for your kind help!

• 11-20-2010 10:24 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

You're quite welcome.  But you ought to be in V. Opt 2/A. Opt 0.  

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)