in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-18-2010 6:32 AM by beomud. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-17-2010 4:55 AM

Beosystem3 and PS3 via HDMI - "content is protected"?

Hi all,

I've just got a Beosystem3, thanks to one of our fantastic members Klas!

Just spent the night setting up the speakers to it. It's amazing how much the BS3 can do with the speakers.

However, I have one problem with connecting a PS3 to it. Plugged the PS3 via HDMI to HDMI-A of the BS3, then configured AV2 to use the HDMI-A output and assign it to V.MEM. When I press V.MEM, it comes up with a message on the screen "WARNING CONTENT IS PROTECTED SELECT ANOTHER SOURCE".

Did anyone else have the same issue? Looks like everyone have success connecting their PS3 to their B&O? I have no idea what is missing or what setting I need. :(

Thanks for all advice in advance!

Beomud

• 11-17-2010 10:31 PM In reply to

Re: Beosystem3 and PS3 via HDMI - "content is protected"?

Dear "Beomud"

What kind of screen is connected to the BS3 ? It must be HDCP compliant to have the entire video chain to work if the source uses HDMI and has the HDCP flag set.

Good luck!

Jean

• 11-17-2010 10:31 PM In reply to

Dear "Beomud"

What kind of screen is connected to the BS3 ? It must be HDCP compliant to have the entire video chain to work if the source uses HDMI and has the HDCP flag set.

Good luck!

Jean

• 11-18-2010 6:32 AM In reply to

Hi Jean, thanks for the advice! I realised afterwards that my screen is not HDCP compliant! No wonder. Because I've tested it on a Dell monitor. Today I connected it to my Panasonic plasma and all worked fine! :)

I've got a second question! I'm trying to connect my Beocentre 2 to the BS3 so that I can watch DVDs through the Beosystem 3. I've got the Masterlink cable between the 2, and set Option 2 and 0 to the 2 units, but when I press AV -> CD to turn on the Beocentre 2, I could only hear sound but no video. Does it mean I need to connect a SCART cable between the 2 still? And if so, which AV port on the Beosystem 3 should I connect it to and how should I set it up? 

Thank you so much!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)