in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-18-2010 4:30 PM by Doctor. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-16-2010 9:53 PM

where is spanish forum?

I just realized that the Spanish Forum has dissapeared!

What was wrong with it? I remember it was more active than the NorthAmerican Forum?

all sold!

• 11-17-2010 1:54 AM In reply to

Re: where is spanish forum?

It was - but the members actually then set up their own forum and traffic simply stopped. This site had been running short of space - we are about to move to a new server to deal with this - and as the forum was no longer being used, a decision was made to end it. The Italian forum went the same way a while ago. A shame, but this site has to react to circumstances.

• 11-17-2010 5:41 AM In reply to

Doctor:

It was - but they members actually then set up their own forum and traffic simply stopped. This site had been running short of space - we are about to move to a new server to deal with this - and as the forum was no longer being used, a decision was made to end it. The Italian forum went the same way a while ago. A shame, but this site has to react to circumstances.

It has been very sad for us, but "así es la vida"...

Anyway, the spanish beoworlders visit and read BWorld very often Wink

For BeoIssues in spanish, you only have to google "BeoSpain".

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 11-17-2010 6:36 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

I wish we had the chance to at least make a back up of the posts deleted, they were an extraordinary source of brand knowledge in spanish and a great reference to anybody.

I wonder is this will happen in the future to other regional forums.. Hmm So don't stop posting!

Gustavo

• 11-17-2010 9:37 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

11048437:

I just realized that the Spanish Forum has dissapeared!...

Which rather proves our point as it was deleted a few months ago!

Contrary some wonderings, the deletion of the Spanish Forum wasn't out of spite.  It was an incredibly busy forum with literally thousands of posts from a small 'clique' of users.  This small clique left to start their own forum (and BeoWorld genuinely wished them all the best), after which the Spanish Forum ground to a shuddering halt with literally no visitors - and we were left to carry a whole heap of chat which nobody looked at any more.

It was decided that as server space is so damned expensive these days, we should close the forum.  Nobody actually noticed for some time, and nobody really mentioned it when they did - so we possibly made the correct decision.

The running costs of BeoWorld at least doubled when we relaunched and are now running at around four to five times what they used to be compared to the early days.  Server space, hosting and silly things like admin and accounts all go up in price at alarmingly frequent intervals - whilst our in-coming revenue has stayed the same.  So, if server space is not being utilised correctly, we need to address this issue and keep costs down.

As long as Forums are regularly being visited and used, they will not be 'chopped' - they are safe.  As mentioned, the members of our old Spanish forum were a very tight knit and friendly bunch of people, who all 'upped and left' together - leaving what can only be described as the cyber equivalent of tumbleweeds rolling round an empty room.. Laughing

As mentioned, the feeling of the Moderating Team at the time was 'good luck' - and still remains that way.  We hope Beospain offers something BeoWorld didn't and the B&O enthusiasts of Spain continue to support the brand and keep it alive!

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-17-2010 10:19 AM In reply to

9 LEE:
    (...) We hope Beospain offers something BeoWorld didn't and the B&O enthusiasts of Spain continue to support the brand and keep it alive! (...)

Lee, permit me to correct something: not only the enthusiasts of Spain, but all the enthusiats that speak spanish all over the world, remember that this is internet, and in internet doesn't exist the frontiers... BSpain was born just as a complement and not as a subtitute of BWorld, and It's very important that BWorld users, members and staff know that.

Not all the people knows read english very well (including me), and maybe the Spanish corner on BWorld became less active, but it didn't mean that it was less visited and, as beobeo has said, the information "stored" on this "server space" that we all have lost was very important for all of us, spanish, french, italian, english, russian, norvegian and all users because, I repeat, internet has no frontiers.

It's true that nobody has commented nothing about the dissapearence of that forum because nobody was informed before the BWorld decision, that was unilateral: one day simply the Spanish Forum vanished.

Anyway, as I commented above, those that have read BWorld in the past, still connect very often to BWorld Wink

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 11-17-2010 10:41 AM In reply to

Facts:

• People that speak spanish in the World: about 500 million
    • People that speak english in the World: about 500 million

Hmm

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 11-17-2010 10:54 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

xegoon:

Facts:

• People that speak spanish in the World: about 500 million
    • People that speak english in the World: about 500 million

Hmm

And if that was the percentage split of BeoWorld Members, the Spanish Forum would still be here xegoon..

I certainly don't want to get into any arguments with anyone about this, and the 'Facts' post above seems a little provocative if i'm honest.  I sincerely wish Beospain the very best, as we all do,  and hope as many of the 500 million Spanish speaking people in the world visit the site and share their enthusiasm, really.

If we get a deluge of people asking for a Spanish Forum on BeoWorld, we would be happy to reconsider. However, there are no escaping the facts that when we removed the forum after the traffic came to a complete standstill - nobody mentioned it, or even noticed.

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-17-2010 1:09 PM In reply to

I have to confess that I did find it slightly odd that the Spanish contingent stopped posting on Beoworld and went instead to BeoSpain. On BeoWorld they had a completely independent area with moderators voted on by themselves with no interference at all. Instead they have decamped to their own site with the costs involved and the need for pop up advertising. In English, the phrase looking a gift horse in the mouth could be mentioned. Smile

On the language front, there are many different statistics on language use. I wonder the language statistics of B&O users - German and Danish would probably be pretty high on the list.

As one of the almost originals on the site, BeoWorld was started as a friendly forum where questions regarding the use and availability of B&O products could be answered. Clearly it has grown from the time when it was essentially Ignace and myself answering questions but I do hope that it has stayed friendly.

• 11-18-2010 3:17 PM In reply to

9 LEE:
    (...) I certainly don't want to get into any arguments with anyone about this, and the 'Facts' post above seems a little provocative if i'm honest.  (...)

I don't really think that I have to apologize, I only have to say that there was NO provocative intention in my posts, of course not! Probably, it has been the typical "on line" misunderstood, prosody or a simple "lost in translation" issue Wink Sometimes I would like to post, but I have to do a real effort to be understood in english.

I like BWorld, I really enjoy reading and posting here, but it isn't incompatible with enjoying the many alternatives that internet gives us. I love my parents, but I don't live with them. I've really enjoyed some of my teacher's class, but I don't frequent them anymore because I finished my university period. This case is similar. No horses, no gifts and no mouths, if the spanish users/members have moved for sure is for a respectable reason. However, I'm talking by myself, I don't realy know the reasons of the other spanish users.

Anyway, fair play, Lee, yours are those of the few post that I really enjoy, sincerely Wink Great work with your BS8 review Yes -  thumbs up

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 11-18-2010 4:30 PM In reply to

I don't think any apology is required or asked for. I have no problems with BeoSpain and wish it success. I am afraid my Spanish is such that I would not post - my daughter is learning though!

The final thought of mine on the Spanish forum, and indeed any of the forums is that they need to be used. If not used then progress will find another use for the space.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)