in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-15-2010 1:36 PM by elephant. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-13-2010 11:53 AM

Beoport and Beolink: I just don't get it!

Hi at all,

just bought a Beoport in order to control my Mac Mini Media Center from main room as well as from link room. I don't have the IR eye so I connected it to Masterlink in the main room. Via PUC Apple Remote I am able to control Linkplayer (more or less).

Actually I thought that I will be able to control everything by Beo 4 PC command. Am I right that is possible without having the IR eye attached to the Beoport? It might just a question of the Option setting of the Beoport.

The goal is, to start Eyetv, Plex, iTunes, etc from Linkplayer by remote Beo4 (so far it works), but than it is not possible anymore to use the Exit button in the several programs as Eyetv for instance. When I want to use Remote Buddy, Linkplayer does not work anymore by PUC.

Who has a similar setup in use?

Your support is urgently requested (girlfriend's patience is running out ;-))

• 11-13-2010 12:35 PM In reply to

Re: Beoport and Beolink: I just don't get it!

We've been watching Plex Hulu and Plex Netflix on our 110" projector via Linkplayer for months now.   We use a BL 3500 as speaker and ML interface.

No IR eye connected to the BeoPort.

Just get Linkplayer to use N.RADIO as multimedia gateway.  It takes longer to write this post than to set up.

Cheers,

• 11-13-2010 2:45 PM In reply to

Hi, What TV do you have?

• 11-13-2010 7:33 PM In reply to

It's a Beovision 4.

• 11-14-2010 2:47 AM In reply to

stampfki:
    Am I right that is possible without having the IR eye attached to the Beoport?

correct, I do not have an IR, the Beo4 signals are intercepted by my BV8 and relayed on the MasterLink to the BeoPort

stampfki:
    When I want to use Remote Buddy, Linkplayer does not work anymore by PUC.

the beoport forwards the Beo4 signals to LinkPlayer via the USB not the PUC

Remote Buddy looks very sophisticated ... probably beyond my capabilities and/or needs

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-14-2010 3:33 AM In reply to

I suppose the BV4 supports the PC command. In that case you should opt for controlling LinkPlayer using the PC source, via Masterlink. 

You'll get a much better control than through PUC.

Make sure LinkPlayer is started the first time you configure the PC source on your TV.

P.

• 11-14-2010 3:33 AM In reply to

I suppose the BV4 supports the PC command. In that case you should opt for controlling LinkPlayer using the PC source, via Masterlink. 

You'll get a much better control than through PUC.

Make sure LinkPlayer is started the first time you configure the PC source on your TV.

P.

• 11-14-2010 9:32 AM In reply to

Hi,

Thanks for your support! I have assigned the PC command to the DVI input so by pressing PC the Mac Mini picture appears on the Panel. I set the Beoport to Option No. 4 let listening to Masterlink PC command. But still no reaction on Beo4 :-(

• 11-15-2010 8:37 AM In reply to

(I have tried to post twice yesterday, but there was an error).

Check your BV4 manual to see if there are any specific instructions on how to setup a Beomedia 1. On some TV you need to use a specific AV socket. On some TV you also need to specify in the menu that a Beomedia is attached to it.

Make sure you remove the configuration for the PC key, and then add it again, while LinkPlayer is connected.

If this still does not work, do the following:

• Put all your system to standby
    • Quit and restart LinkPlayer
    • On your TV, press PC.
    • In LinkPlayer, go to Windows>Console and press Send.

Philippe

• 11-15-2010 1:36 PM In reply to

LinkPlayer must be up and running (and configured) on the Mac before you configure the BV for accepting a PC input.

When you first click PC, the command should go out on the ML, and LinkPLayer should see it via the BeoPort, and LinkPlayer should respond.

This handshaking should show up in the LinkPlayer console.

Go to LinkPlayer's menu and click Window and then Console and you should see some messages in a dialogue box.

Hopefully they look better than this standalone demonstration :)

2010-11-14 19:46:19 +0000

Mac Address : xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Version 1.1.1

Did Finish Receive Response

If not :( then send the console log to Philippe

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)