in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-09-2010 4:08 PM by Beobuddy. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-09-2010 10:57 AM

Skipping problem on Beocenter 2

Hello everyone. I have been experiencing a problem with my Beocenter 2 lately. When a cd is playing and I use my Beo5 or Beo4 to skip to the next song, it always skips one song. For example, when song 1 is playing and I want to go to the next song, it directly goes to 3...

The Beocenter 2 has the same reaction with both my Beo 5 and Beo4. When I try it with my Beosound 9000, it reacts normal. So the problem really is with the Beocenter 2.

Also on my Beo5, when I go to tracks and I push 2, it briefly displays 2 and then just continues playing song 1.

Can anyone help me on sorting this out?

Thanks a lot!

Nicolas

• 11-09-2010 11:11 AM In reply to

Re: Skipping problem on Beocenter 2

Do you have your kit linked together somehow? Sound as if it is getting the IR commands twice, first directly from the remote and then over the link from another device.

-mika

• 11-09-2010 11:15 AM In reply to

It's connected via masterlink to the Beosystem 2 of my Beovision 4. Can that be the problem?

Thanks!

Nicolas

• 11-09-2010 11:24 AM In reply to

Which option is programmed for the BeoSystem 2 and what option for the BeoCenter 2?

• 11-09-2010 11:42 AM In reply to

Actually, I don't know. How can I check it?

• 11-09-2010 2:49 PM In reply to

I'm not an expert on link option programming and certainly not these devices, but I think we should first confirm that this is the "double command" problem...

Load a CD with more than 11 tracks and get it playing, say, track 3. Now press "1" on your remote. If the BC then skips to track 11, we can go on with this theory.

Regarding the options, I don't think there is any way to check what option is in use - you'll just need to reprogram it if you suspect it is something else than you want. Somebody else will have to confirm what they should be in this setup Smile

-mika

• 11-09-2010 4:08 PM In reply to

It doesn't harm the system.

From standby, Vopt 2 and Aopt 0 on your Beo4.

Most likely that your problem is solved.

If you press 2 then it will be 22, if that track doesn't exist, track 1 will be played.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)