in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-08-2010 9:51 AM by xegoon. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-08-2010 9:14 AM

BeoSound 5 Encore - question

Does anybody know how the new BeoSound 5 Encore will be connected to a PC? Will thee be a special programme that has to be uploaded to PC like BeoPlayer or similar? What when PC is turned off, how will BeoSound 5 Encore access the mp3 files. Will there beess cables as with BS5+BM5? What about the price, how much less will it cost than presen BS5?

When BS5 was lonched some year ago, I have asked why does it need BM5, and everyone told me that because of processing mp3 files or so, but as it looks this was only to seel expensive B&O leogo boxes at the beginning as it is characteristic for many B&O products. I am wondering where is the simplicity here?

• 11-08-2010 9:51 AM In reply to

Re: BeoSound 5 Encore - question

avus17:

Does anybody know how the new BeoSound 5 Encore will be connected to a PC? Will thee be a special programme that has to be uploaded to PC like BeoPlayer or similar? What when PC is turned off, how will BeoSound 5 Encore access the mp3 files. Will there beess cables as with BS5+BM5? What about the price, how much less will it cost than presen BS5?

When BS5 was lonched some year ago, I have asked why does it need BM5, and everyone told me that because of processing mp3 files or so, but as it looks this was only to seel expensive B&O leogo boxes at the beginning as it is characteristic for many B&O products. I am wondering where is the simplicity here?

Too soon to make this questions, I think Huh?

Anyway, BS5/BM5 and BS5 Encore are diferent BS, based on the same concept. BS5 Encore WILL NOT replace BS5/BM5. All the featrures included on the new BS5 will be implement on the current and eventual BS5/BM5 set ups. The great diference, even the hard disk, is that BS5/BM5 is ready for current BeoLink set ups and also for the new BeoLink, avalible eventually, with the possibility of work as client or media server or both. The BS5 Encore only supports new BeoLink platform as a media client.

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)